Planning is Half the Fun

Chapter four is ready to go!!  It took me longer to get this chapter out than I had expected.  Hopefully I can get more out at a sooner pace.  As always this story contains profanity, so if that offends you please don't read.  Other than that, I hope you enjoy it!!

***

Tuesday and Wednesday had came and went faster than I could keep track of the days. At lunch Ino reminded me that she wanted to finalize some party plans with me and wanted to know if I wanted to hang out after school that day. Hinata suggested we go to Étoile Crown, a café a few blocks from school. We had gone there a few times to hang out before and it had always been fun. Plus, a little girl time sounded fantastic. I agreed and texted Obito that I would be home late, but Hinata's driver would be dropping me off. By the time school ended and we were crawling in the back of the limousine he still hadn't texted me back. I assumed it was either fine with him, or he hadn't checked his phone yet. Either way my philosophy was always 'better to ask for forgiveness than permission'.

***

The four of us walked up the stairs and strolled into the little café. As soon as we sat down at the table, I began looking at the pictures of food and drinks underneath the layer of glass. The waitress came over to take our order and I ended up asking for a blueberry milk tea.

It took about five minutes for the waitress to come back with the drinks everyone had ordered. It took about six for Sakura to finally bring up what I had been avoiding for the last two and a half days.

"So spill the tea girl! What did Kakashi say to you?" she had me cornered.

I took a long sip through the straw, stalling even further, until even Hinata gave me a cynical stare, "Uggghhhh! First of all, we're probably looking wayyyy too much into this."

"Why don't you let us be the judge," Sakura looked over at Hinata for confirmation. She nodded.

I rolled my eyes, "So we were sitting on the couch smoking a bowl before school. He told me I was going to be late. I told him I'd have enough time if someone would take his turn and stop acting like my daddy."

"Annnnddddd??!!!" I had paused to take another sip and Sakura was practically on the edge of her seat.

"He told me 'Someone needs to act like your daddy'," Sakura let out a high-pitched squeal, I could practically see the steam leaking out of her ears, and poor Hinata choked on a strawberry.

"See! I told you it wasn't just nothing!" Ino smirked.

"Oh, whatever Ino! Look, I'm not getting my hopes up...at least not while I'm still seventeen. I know for sure Kakashi wouldn't go for that. He may be flirting but that's all it is. Besides, there's no way in hell I'm going to make a move and risk looking like a total idiot if I get rejected," I slurped up the last of my drink. I flagged the waitress down as she passed by and ordered another.

"Wait! I think I've got a way to test it out," Ino slammed her fist down onto her other hand's open palm.

"Here we go," Hinata and I said in unison, looking at each other and rolling our eyes.

Ino scowled before continuing, "All you have to do is make him jealous!"

"Dare I ask how?" My fingers were massaging the area of my nose between my eyes, an area that had increasingly began to throb as this conversation continued.

"Kiba!" she stared at me like it was obvious.

"Ino- "

"Don't Ino me Raki! I just know he's got a thing for you, and if I'm right Kakashi does too. And this way we'll see which one is willing to fight for you, and if they don't, they don't deserve you. Simple as that," she crossed her arms.