Preston

Thanks for reading.
Preston's POV
I walked around the park. This was so boring. All of the guys have been hanging out with their girlfriends. Which leaves me all alone. I never would have guessed that u would be the last one out of the Pack to get a girlfriend. I mean seriously, girls are addicted to me. I'm pretty good looking, I'm kind, I'm caring, I'm funny, what more could a girl want. I was happy discovering my friends were finding their true loves, until I was the last one. The past few days have been rough. I'm a very sociable person so I need to be around people all the time. I've been so lonely, because of them being gone. I sighed out loud. Suddenly a dog jumped out of a bush and ran for me. He seemed to be having trouble walking or something because he didn't walk in a straight line.I calmly bent down and held out my hand to it. (Palm outwards, fingers facing down is the best way to greet a dog. Palm outwards and fingers facing up is the best way to greet a cat. Just a little fact for you guys.) The dog came over and sniffed my hand. It licked my hand a little then sat down in front of me content. It started wagging it's tail. I got down on one knee and began petting it.
Preston:"Hello, What's your name." I looked at the tag on it's collar. " Hmm, Russell. I like it." He licked my cheek and I just laughed. I stood up. I heard someone yelling.
Random person:"Russell, Russell, where are you boy!" The yell was followed by a whistle.
Preston:"Come on boy, sounds like someone's looking for you." I patted my leg hoping Russell was trained and would follow me. Luckily he was and he got up and came barreling for me. He stood directly next to my leg. It was kind of hard for me to walk with him. We headed for the source of the yelling. There was a girl looking around frantically. I walked over to her with Russell. She was facing away from us. I tapped her shoulder.
Preston:"Miss, is this your dog." She turned around, I inhaled sharply. She had wavy chocolate brown hair, and beautiful blue green eyes. She was perfect in her looks, but what about her personality.
Girl:"Thank you so much! I was so worried, my little brother over there," she pointed to a little boy of about the age six or so who was picking some flowers,"He unclipped the leash from Russel's collar."
Preston:"Why would you be so worried, he seems pretty well trained and probably would have found you at some point."
Girl: She stared at me blankly,"Russell's blind." She stated it as if that was common information. I was blown away. But it does make sense. It explains why he was walking in a teetering way and why he was sticking so close.
Preston:"I'm sorry to hear that. " She shrugged her shoulders.
Girl:"He's a good dog, I just don't want him to get hurt."
Preston:"I wouldn't either." Her brother ran up to us.
Brother:"April, I'm sorry about letting Russell go. So, I picked some flowers for you." He handed her a small bouquet of flowers. The bouquet had miscellaneous blades of grass and leaves.
April:"Thank you Trent." She messed up his hair. Trent beamed up at her then looked at me.
Trent:"Who are you?"
Preston:"I'm Preston."
Trent:"Why are you over here, Preston?" April answered for me.
April:"He's the ok ne who found Russell. "
Trent looked at me and smiled."
Trent:"Thank you for finding Russell."
Preston:"Anytime." I was about to turn to leave when Trent asked me something I couldn't refuse. He grabbed my hand before asking.
Trent:"Preston, do you want to play football with?"
Preston:"I would love to buddy." He started dragging me into an open field. April surprisingly grabbed me hand before we left.
April:(To Trent)"You go on ahead Trent, Preston will be there in a moment. "(To me) "Thank you so much Preston, I hope it's not a burden for you to play with Trent. He doesn't really get a chance to play with other guys cause he gets bullied at school and none of the boys in our neighborhood like him. So he's really only got me."
Preston:"What about his dad?" She looked like she was tearing up. I instinctly put my arm around her. "What's wrong?"
April:"My dad died in a fire when Trent was two and I was fourteen years old. My mom was so upset that she went into a state of depression. I was forced to go to work and take care of Trent and my mom. She seemed to be getting better about a year ago, but I was wrong. She committed suicide six months ago." Tears were streaming down her face. I hugged her and she cried into my shoulder. After a few moments and when she had calmed down I released her.
Preston:"I'm sorry you had to go through that."
April:"I'm sorry. I just met you and I feel like I can trust you, I mean seriously I haven't told anyone in such detail about what happened to my parents. I'm sorry for burdening you."
Preston:"Stop saying you're sorry. I can tell you needed someone to burden your hurt for you. You've been through so much pain, I'll gladly take some of your burdens." I smiled at her. She smiled at me.
April:"Thank you." She unexpectedly surprised me again and kissed me on the cheek. "You better go play with Trent, he doesn't have that much patience."
Preston:"Right, are you going to be ok?"
April:"Yeah, I'll be fine. I've got Russell to g angry out with." Russell barked at the mention of his name.
Preston:"Alright, see you in a bit then."
~TIME SKIP after Trent and Preston were done playing football.~
Trent and I walked back over to April who was giving Russell some belly rubs. Lucky man. Wait what the heck are these kinds of thoughts? I quickly dismissed them when Trent grabbed my hand again.
Trent:"Can Preston come home and play with me sissy." I had to lean down, because Trent wad so short. I looked up at April. I could tell she was trying not to laugh at us.
April:"Maybe another time. But I'm sure Preston has some things he needs to do."
Trent:"Awww..."
Preston:"I'll hang out with you again before I leave. I promise."
Trent:"Alright fine." He began pouting.
Preston:"Hey what if I walked you guys home. Then we can talk fir a little bit longer; if it's ok for April tgat is." We both looked at April. She laughed.
April:"I'm fine with that."
Trent and Preston:"Yay!!!"
~TIME SKIP after they walk to April's and Trent's house.~
Preston:"Alright, I'll see you later buddy." Trent hugged me.
Trent:"Bye Preston." He darted inside with Russell following or stumbling.
April:"Thank you so much for what you did today. I've never seen Trent so happy before." She beamed up at me. I rubbed the back of my head in anxiety.
Preston:"No prob. It was really fun." I smiled at her. I cleared my throat,"Um, would you mind having dinner with me tonight?" She was surprised and to tell the truth so was I. Her expression soon melted away and she went back to her smiling self.
April:"I would love to Preston."
Preston:"Great, can I pick you up at six o' clock."
April:"Sure thing." Suddenly a crash was heard in the house. "Oh, uh, I should go check on Trent. See ya." She went inside the house blushing. I walked away tg e happiest man on earth.
April's POV
I leaned against the door after I heard Preston leave. I sighed. This was probably the best day ever because I met Preston. I sighed again happily. Trent peeked at me from around the corner of the short hallway.
Trent:"So, you and Preston are going to have dinner. Can I come?" I blushed.
April:"It's a dinner meant only for Preston and I. So that means no. That reminds me. I should go call Mia and see if she can watch you." I headed in to the kitchen so I could call her on our landline.
Trent:"Yay, Mia!!!"
Preston's POV ~at the hotel~
I walked into the hotel expecting to be alone. But when I walked into the lobby all the guys were there.
Preston:"Hey guys! I'm so glad to see you! I've felt so lonely for the past few days!" They all laughed.
Lachlan:"Sorry dood. I guess we've just been caught up with the loves of our lives. Which reminds, I was going to ask you guys when it would be a good time to propose to Michaela. " Everyone turned their gazes from me to Lachlan in shock.
Everyone (except Lachlan of course):"YOU'RE GOING TO PROPOSE ALREADY? !?!?!?!?!?"
Lachlan:"I was just asking when it would be a good time." He looked at everyone with wide eyes. Everyone calmed down after he said that.
Rob:"As soon as possible bro."
Lachlan:"If that was your answer then why were you guys so upset."
Vikk:"Drama Lachlan drama. Plus we were surprised."
Lachlan:"So if I go propose to her now you guys would be cool with it?"
Mitch:"Totally dude."
Lachlan:"Sweet! See you guys later then." He made it look like he was getting out of his chair."NAHH. I'm just pulling your legs."
Preston:"Why you do this?"
Lachlan:"Banter." Everyone laughed.
Jerome:"So I noticed another member looking like a total idiot today." Everyone turned and looked at me. Lachlan scrunched up his eyebrows realizing Jerome had called him an idiot too.
Preston:"What do you mean guys?"
Mitch:"What's her name Purrston?" I looked around at them trying to portray the innocent role. It didn't work. I sighed.
Preston:"April..."
Everyone began singing,"PRESTON AND APRIL SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G."
Preston:"You guys were right. That is really immature." Everyone laughed.
Rob:"So I'm guessing you asked her to dinner tonight?" I nodded my head. "Alright we'll help you then. We know from experience some good restaurants."
Preston:"I have something else I want to do for her." They all smiled at me.
Lachlan:"We'll still help. Besides you helped some of us out."
Jerome:"Or you just stalked us on our dates. We'll 'help' with that too." Everyone laughed again.
~TIME SKIP after all the guys helped Preston. Preston is going to pick up April.~
I got out of my car and walked tg o the front door.I was wearing a blue and white plaid shirt with a leather jaket and some jeans. Not to fancy and not to casual. I knocked on the door. A few seconds later April answered the door. She was stunning. She was wearing a mint green dress which really brought out her beautiful eyes. I smiled at her.
Preston:"Shall we go?"
April:"Sure." I grabbed her Han and started leading her down the pathway when Trent popped his head out the door.
Trent:"Bye April! Bye Preston!" He waved at us and we waved back. I lead her past my car. She looked at me confused.
April:"Aren't you going to take me to dinner somewhere? " I smiled.
Preston:"Yeah, but we can walk there."
~TIME SKIP after they reached their destination. ~
April:"This place looks oddly familiar for some reason." I laughed. We were walking through the park where we met earlier that day. "Do we have to walk through here to get to where your taking me?"
Preston:"You'll see." I lead her around a corner and up a hill. She gasped when she saw what was laid before her. I had a picnic spread out for her on a blanket.
April:"Preston, this is amazing." I smiled.
Preston:"I would hope so. It's for an amazing girl." She smiled and blushed. We sat down and talked while eating.
~TIME SKIP after they were done eating. ~
The sun had gone down already and the stars were coming out. April and I were sitting and looking at the stars. I had my arm around her and she had her head on my chest. She shivered.
Preston:"Here." I took off my jacket and draped it over her shoulders.
April:"Thanks." She snuggled into me. We stayed like that for a few moments.
Preston:"I have another surprise for you." I got up and walked over to the switch and cords I had hidden behind the bushes. I flipped the switch on. I heard April gasp. I got up to see the lights the guys and I had strung in the trees turn on. I went over to the CD player I had hidden and turned on the music. I then walked over to April and held my hand out."Can I have this dance?" I perked up one of my eyebrows. She laughed.
April:"I would love to dance with you." She got up and we danced. She would turn and spin in the mist graceful way possible it was beautiful. I started to slow my pace, causing her to slow down. She looked at me confused again.
April:"Why are you slowing down?"
Preston:"I just wanted to tell you this is the best day ever because I met you. I love you, April." She blushed.
April:"This is the best day for me too. Because I think I found my true love." She smiled up at me."I love you, Preston." Our faces drew closer. Then our lips met in heavenly bliss. We stayed like that for a few moments until...
Jerome:"So cute!!!"
Lachlan:"Look at them acting all lovey dovey!"
Mitch:"See I told you they got together!"
Vikk and Rob:"PRESTON AND APRIL SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!!"
---------------------------THE END------------------------