11. Phone Shark

The sirens blasting and lights flashing were the first thing heard that Saturday morning. Miles, Bose, Chapa, and Mika all jumped up from where they were asleep.

"Emergency? What's going on? Where?" Miles said rubbing his eyes.
"Just turn it off and leave it to the police." Ray said laying back down.
"Can't." Mika started, She was already at the computers since she fell asleep there so she pulled up an article and started to read, "Suspicions of the Phone Shark returning have risen..." She continued reading quietly. "Says here that phones have been going missing all month around Swellview. And they've been turned off so they can't be traced... Natalie Mazda being the most recent victim. That's not Swellview police territory. Sounds like an issue for Danger Force."
"That's not a Danger Force issue, the Phone Shark's locked up!" Ray stood up now wiping the crumbs from his shirt he had from sleeping with a bag of chips.
"Ray! Did you forget we let out every single criminal in Swellview?" Miles responded.
"Oh yea..." He said quietly.
"Well let's get moving then!" Chapa said while pulling out her can of bubble gum. The rest of the crew followed.
"Oh yea! Chapa, Bose, good job at the fair! I was up late last night on twitflash and I have to hand it to you guys, the people bought it! Nobody suspects a thing. The Brainstorm and Chapa dating rumor is dead. We don't have to worry about that anymore." Mika popped a gum into her mouth and transformed.
"Oh yea, That's greaaattt!!" Ray said mildly annoyed that their weekend of crime fighting started this early. "Can we go?" The rest of the crew popped a bubble and everybody transformed in a flash.
"Thanks Mika, I'm just glad that's over with." Chapa patted her on her shoulder.
"Yea... Me too." Bose said.
"Right! Well! Where to?" Miles said, ready to teleport.
"We start with the most recent victim... Natalie Mazda's house."

They arrived in a flash and could see Natalie Mazda pacing back and forth in her living room, clearly in distress.
"Oh! Finally! People who can actually help!" Natalie ran over and gave every Danger Force member a handshake, stopped at Bose to give him a kiss on the cheek and continued her handshake with Chapa.
Chapa had a disgusted look on her face but still attempted her nicest smile.
"Alright, what's going on?" Chapa started.
"Chapa!" Mika nudged her arm. "Might I remind you how devastated you were when you lost your phone? Have some sympathy! Natalie... Can you explain to us what happened?"
"Yea." She took a deep breath and continued. "It was last night, I was at the county fair with my girlfriends and we were having so much fun! I was getting hungry so we went to get a churro. I put my phone away in my purse like I always do when I go to buy something, then we heard a whole bunch of people gathering, some kind of fight I think... We didn't get to see anything. There was too many people crowding the area. I was trying to see what happened, when someone nudged me. I tripped over something, it could've been a rock I don't know, anyway my girls helped me get up and when I looked into my purse, my phone was gone! It had to be the person who shoved me because I had my phone a second before that!"
"Mhhh... Could it be you dropped your phone? Mika started.
"No. No way, we checked everywhere." Natalie started sobbing again. "My friends parents are close with the mayor, he says he put out an official notice on my phone. Whoever has it has to do 5 months of jail time. My parents also have security cameras and microphones everywhere around the house, just in case. Even if it was an accident or they didn't mean to, stealing phones IS NOT tolerated in Swellview, they WILL get caught."
"Yikes. Good luck to that person." Miles said. "Okay, so this person took your phone, what did it look like? Were you able to see anything at all when that person bumped into you? Clothes? Hair? Jewelry?"
"My phone? Well my phone has a pink case and it has my initials engraved into it, in gold, N.M It has a butterfly on the top left corner in gold too. I didn't get to see anything, too many people around and I was focused on not breaking my leg when I fell."
"Oh! I've seen that phone before!" Boss's eye's lit up.
"Really?!" Natalie stopped crying and reached for Bose's arm.
"Yea... But I don't remember where. Maybe on tv or something."

"Don't worry Natalie, We'll find your phone. And whoever this phone thief is." Ray patted her on the shoulder. "Danger Force. Out." They all held onto Miles and with a flash, were back at the Man Cave.

"Wow... So dramatic that one." Ray started, slumping over the man couch.
"She's not dramatic, she's famous. Her whole life revolves around her phone." Miles sat next to him.
"Great, we need a plan." Mika started. "Bose, Chapa, you were at the fair last night, did you see anything?"
"Nope." Chapa shook her head.
"I think she was talking about us. Natalie, when she said she heard people fighting." Bose said.
"Yea, most likely. This involves deep investigation." Mika put her hand on her chin.
"Bose. Chapa. Since you were there last night and you have a general idea of where everything happened, why don't you two go take a look, see if you can find any clues. Miles and I will look into the rest of the missing phone cases and see if there's any links to each other."
"Great." Ray blew his bubble and transformed back into his casual clothes. "You guys let me know when you need me." He said as he walked through the man's nest doors.

"I'll drop you guys off." Miles approached Chapa and Bose held onto her shoulder and with a flash, they were back at the fair grounds.

The air was dewy and wet just like every other morning. Miles flashed back out as soon as he dropped the pair off.
Chapa started pacing back and forth.
"Ummm, are you okay?" Bose lifted a brow.
"No! I'm not okay, did you not hear? 5 months in JAIL."
"Pfft. Good luck to that unlucky person."
Chapa let out a small spark. "My God Bose, I'm freaking out! Don't make this any more stressful than it is."
"Wha- Oh!" He paused. "Wait, I don't know." Bose looked scared to ask.
Chapa relaxed her shoulders and held out Natalie Mazda's phone. "This?!"
Bose took the phone from her hand. "Oh yea, I can see why that can freak someone out..."

—————————
END OF CHAPTER 11
—————————
This is just the beginning you guys, get ready for a rollercoaster! (: I hope you liked this chapter!