8. Curious

The rest of the night flew by. Every ride they came across they mounted on. Chapa and Bose were known for their adventurous side and they swore they weren't scared at all of getting on roller coasters.

Bose set the bag full of candy's and sweets on the muddy floor. "I'm getting a little tired, how about you?"

"Yea all this walking is starting to get tiring... Doesn't help that we have to keep carrying the bag and this thing." Chapa said as she flailed the teddy bear around in her hands.

"You're right, maybe we should keep the snacks for last next time?" Bose said while reaching down for the bag.

"Next time?" Chapa looked down at him.

"Yea, Miles said that they're hosting again next weekend, we could come then." He handed her a bottle of water, they had picked some up earlier in between rides. They both were screamers and we all know how that ends up all night riding roller coasters.

"I guess this next time doesn't include me?" Chapa tried hard to sound more curious than jealous but the way she phrased herself made it sound so. She was only curious...

To her demise, Bose took it as the latter. They could feel the mood in the atmosphere drop. "I mean... I'm not sure, we were just talking about it, we didn't discuss who could come but-"

"I didn't mean it like that. I was a little curious is all. I think it would be fun if we all came together but I don't know, I feel like it would end up in a mess. Trouble always seems to find us. No matter what we do."

Bose understood well, he nodded in agreement. It was true what Chapa said. He can't remember the last time they went out for fun and it wasn't because of some secret mission, or part of the end of the world. But they knew that when they became superheroes this would be apart of it all.

Yet tonight ended up different. Yes, they were here because they had to protect their identities. That still related to their jobs as superheroes. Still, it didn't feel like that at all. It felt like one of the best nights of their lives.

Of course, it didn't start off that way. The "convincing a ton of people that you're dating" thing when you've never even looked at a person a certain way was nerve racking to say the least. How were they supposed to pull that off? Turns out they didn't need to. They just had to be themselves? Which is another problem all on it's own. Never-mind that.

"Yea, I can't remember the last time I had this much fun without worrying about getting kidnapped or launched into the sky." Bose started walking to a bench nearby and he sat down, patting the empty space next to him.

Chapa followed behind and sat down setting the teddy bear in between them. "Mhhh. Don't get ahead of yourself there, remember why we're here. Mazdah might show up and take you for herself."

Bose laughed, "Oh please, she wouldn't be able to get near me even if she tried!"

Chapa had to hold herself back from an outburst of laughter. She pointed at Bose and started flailing her arms, "YOU??? Okay! Mister 'Heeelppp meeeee I'm going to dieeeee!!!' Every. Single. Coaster? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!"

Bose opened his mouth in shock. How dare she? "AND!! What about you? Miss squeeze my arm until I can't feel it anymore? You'd think you were gonna fly out of the seat!"

"I did no such thing!!" Chapa sounded more offended than surprised.

Bose put a finger up to Chapa's temple and pushed gently,"Yes you did! Look! I'm all bruised up because of YOU."
He pulled up his right hands' sleeve and held his arm up to her face.

The moment Chapa grabbed his arm, he immediately regretted even saying anything. As she leaned closer he froze up. He couldn't help but admire her features, the way her eyebrows furrowed in concentration... Her big, dark, brown eyes... Her eyelashes that were longer than anyone's he's ever seen... Her pink plump lips... And her skin, that looked as soft as it felt with the way she grabbed his arm... She looks delicate... Fragile... Beautiful...

Chapa took his arm closer to her face and inspected it carefully, "Mhhh... I don't see anything, where?"

Chapa could feel Bose staring... What was he looking at? Was it her? Did she have something on her face? Did she do something wrong? Has she stepped out of line when she grabbed him during all those rides? She didn't mean to. It was the closest thing other than the lap bar that she felt safe to grab. No. It couldn't be that. He would've told her to stop... Wouldn't he? Why didn't he? Why does he bring it up now? He's joking right? Why is she getting nervous the longer he looks at her...

"Ow!" Bose let out a tiny shriek. Chapa's hands had let out a spark. It was small. Kind of like when you rub your feet together on carpet and it travels up to your fingertips. It looked different though. It was not the usual red fiery color she generates... This time it was white. With a sliver of blue. Bose had been zapped before by Chapa's electricity and if she landed a volt on you it would hurt where it hit, but this didn't. This sent electricity all over Bose's body. And with only a small spark. Curious, He thought. It looked like it affected Chapa too, as she was shaking her hand and blowing on it after.

"Did you see that?" Chapa looked back up at Bose. He started inspecting his arm checking if it left any mark.

"See it? I felt it... It was white too." Bose could see Chapa looking at her hands, back and forth she would move them.

Chapa's eyes lit up. "Whoa! I didn't know I could do that!"

Bose is still confused. "Do what? Do you know what you did?"

Does she know what she did? She didn't. She only knows what she was feeling. The nerves. The fact that Bose was staring at her for that amount of time. It felt like minutes, when in fact it would've been seconds. Is this what triggered it? No. It can't be.

"No I have no idea what just happened," She tried to play it cool. "But I felt it."

Bose nodded, "Me too! It's weird, when you hit me with your you know... Superpower it only hurts where you hit me. This time I felt it all over!"

Chapa knew what he meant. She felt it too. It was a first for her, she doesn't feel anything whenever she uses her powers. All she ever feels is rage and anger leaving her body. Maybe that's why she loves being Volt. Because it takes her anger and turns it into something else.

"Right. Haha! Anyway there's a lot of people here maybe we should talk about this another time? Do what we're here to do?"

Bose agreed. Maybe it was too much for Chapa, to be thinking about what it meant right now. They still had to think of the plan and how they would put on a show for the 'audience'.

"Right. The plan... What should we 'breakup' about?" Bose slumped back down on the bench.

Chapa looked down at her hands and breathed out. "I reaallly don't know."

—————————
END OF CHAPTER 8
—————————

I think this is the worst chapter I've written yet. I guess I tried a lot of new styles in my writing but I don't know how I feel about it yet. Please let me know if it's okay, if not I can try to go back to my writing style, or even rewrite this chapter. I'm almost at 2k reads though so thank you all!