Chapter 12

Deimos follows McGonagall and Harry inside the castle, biting his lip in slight worry as they walk along the corridors. Professor McGonagall stops in front of a classroom making Harry and Deimos look at each other in confusion "Excuse me, Professor Flitwick, could I borrow Wood for a moment?" McGonagall asks, poking her head in the classroom. Deimos frowns as he recognises the name for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team Captain, wondering where this is going. "Follow me, you three." McGonagall tells the three boys as Oliver walks out the room. Oliver looks at the two first years in confusion, recognising Deimos from the times the boy picked up his brothers from the station "In here. the Professor tells them. They walk in and see Peeves writing rude words on the blackboard "Out, Peeves!" she tells the poltergeist. Peeves throws the chalk in the bin and swoops out cursing, McGonagall shutting the door behind him "Weasley Malfoy, Potter, this is Oliver Wood. Wood, I've found you a Seeker and a Chaser." she introduces. "Are you serious, Professor?" Oliver asks in excitement. "Absolutely. The boys are naturals. I've never seen anything like it. Was that your first time on a broomstick, Potter? Malfoy Weasley?" McGonagall asks the boys.

Harry nods but Deimos shakes his head "Bill and Charlie taught me, Fred and George helping when Bill and Charlie were here." he explains. Malfoy Weasley threw that thing with expert precision and Potter caught it after a fifty-foot dive. Didn't even scratch himself. Charlie Weasley couldn't have done it." McGonagall tells Oliver. "Ever seen a game of Quidditch, Potter?" Oliver asks, already knowing that Deimos had because of his brothers. "Wood's captain of the Gryffindor team." Deimos tells Harry who nods. " He's just the build for a Seeker, too. Light, speedy, same as Deimos. We'll have to get them decent brooms, Professor. A Nimbus Two Thousand or a Cleansweep Seven, I'd say." Oliver tells McGonagall. "I shall speak to Professor Dumbledore and see if we can't bend the first-year rule. Heaven knows, we need a better team than last year. Flattened in that last match by Slytherin, I couldn't look Severus Snape in the face for weeks.... I want to hear you're both training hard, or I may change my mind about punishing you. Your father would have been proud, Potter. He was an excellent Quidditch player himself." McGonagall tells them before leaving. "Don't tell anyone about this, you'll be our secret weapons. You're going to be the youngest ever players in a century!" Wood tells them before doing the same. Deimos turns to Harry "That was a close one." he sighs. "You're telling me, I thought we were about to be expelled." Harry responds. "Come on, let's go find Ron." Deimos decides.

The two friends find Ron at dinner and tell him the news "You're joking." Ron says. Deimos laughs "Seeker and Chaser? But first years never, you must be the youngest house player in about-" Ron continues. "A century, Wood told us." Harry cuts him off. "We start training next week," said Harry. "Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret." Deimos adds. George and Fred walk in and spot the three boys, rushing over and sitting either side of Deimos "Well done, Wood told us. We're on the team too, Beaters." George starts. "I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year. We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us. We already know how good Deimos is." Fred adds. "How? Even I didn't know how well Deimos could play." Ron asks. "We helped Charlie and Bill teach him." George says. "They'd teach him in the summer with us, the two of us teaching him when they were here." Fred shrugs. "Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school." George tells them. "Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you." Fred sighs, the two of them getting up and leaving.

As the twins leave Draco walks over flanked by Crabbe and Goyle. "Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?" Draco asks. "You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you." Harry retorts. Crabbe and Goyle scowl and crack there knuckles, unable to do anything due to the teachers at the head table "I'd take you on anytime on my own. Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only, no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?" Draco asks Harry. Deimos groans "Of course he has. I'm his second, who's yours?" Ron asks. Draco looks at Crabbe and Goyle, trying to decide who would be best "Crabbe. Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked." he responds before walking off. "What is a wizard's duel? And what do you mean, you're my second?" Harry asks. "Well, a second's there to take over if you die. But people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy'll be able to do is send sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real damage. I bet he expected you to refuse, anyway." Ron explains. "And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?" Harry asks. "Throw it away and punch him on the nose." Ron suggests, Deimos shaking his head at their stupidity.

"Excuse me." Hermione says, making them look at her. "Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" Ron complains. "I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying-" Hermione starts. "Bet you could." Ron mutters. "-and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you." Hermione continues, ignoring Ron. "And it's really none of your business." Harry tells her. "Good-bye." Ron adds. Hermione huffs and walks off, Deimos chucking his napkin at his brother "No need to be so rude to her, she's just forewarning you." he tells him. "You coming tonight?" Harry asks. "Only to make sure you two don't do anything too stupid." Deimos responds, continuing with his food. "You better not tell anyone." Ron glares. "Why would I? I'd be getting my own house in trouble." Deimos points out. Ron rolls his eyes "I'll see you guys later. I'm going to write back to Tonks and write to Bill and Charlie to let them know the news." Deimos says, standing up and walking back to the Common Room.

Tonks,
Hogwarts is amazing, there's so much stuff to learn. I got into Gryffindor with Ron. I've made a friend in Harry Potter. Yes I know, Harry Potter. I get along with the other boys in my dorm,  evilly, Seamus and Dean but we've only been here a week so haven't really had a chance to get to them properly. A girl called Hermione seems nice though, Ron doesn't like her because she seems bossy but I think it's just because she's new to everything and wants to do the best she can. Major news now, Draco messed with Neville making Harry and I break the flying lesson rules. Instead of getting in trouble Harry and I made the Quidditch team, I'm seeker and Harry is Seeker. Maybe you Aunt Andi and Uncle Ted could come to my first game if your free? I would love to see you at Christmas if possible. Hope all is well with you, Aunt Andi and Uncle Ted.
Love,
Deimos xxx

Bill,
I have news to tell you. I made the Gryffindor Qudditch Team! I'm their new Chaser. Guess the practise and lessons you and Charlie helped the twins with worked. Long story short, Draco was being a bully in Flying Lesson and I tried to stop him with Harry. McGonagall saw what happened and now we're on the team. Harry is their new Seeker. Harry is Ron and I's friend, Harry Potter by the way. He's nice and the three of us have formed a small group. Classes have been good so far, I'm enjoying learning everything so far. The only downside is I can't spend as much time with my creatures as I'd like, I get to spend time with them but it feels weird. Ron and I had an argument this morning, Fred and George cheered me up though. How's work going? Found anything interesting in Egypt? Hopefully I'll see you soon.
Love
Deimos x
P.S. Hopefully mum and dad don't get too mad at me for breaking the rules.

Charlie,
Guess what! I got onto the Quidditch Team! I'm their new Chaser. I guess the practising and lessons you and Bill gave me with the twins worked. Long story short, Draco was being a bully in Flying Lesson and I tried to stop him with Harry. McGonagall saw what happened and now we're on the team. Harry is the new Seeker. McGonagall said she's better than you, he made a fifty-foot dive and stopped a foot above the ground without hurting himself. Harry is Ron and I's friend, Harry Potter by the way. Harry, Ron and I have made a small group of the three of us. Ron and I had an argument this morning, Fred and George cheered me up straight after though. I'm really enjoying class but I miss spending so much time with my creatures. How are the dragons? Can I come visit this summer, I miss Rosie? Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Deimos x
P.S. Hopefully mum and dad won't be too mad at me for breaking the rules.

Deimos folds his letters before opening the window and going into his case, going over to Star "Hey girl. You take these to Tonks, Charlie and Bill please?" he tells her. Star hoots before taking the letters and flying out the case and through the open window.