Chapter 101 - Animals

***
Was Sokka's luck with women getting worse? No, he knew that if there was one thing that he believed in himself, then it would be his fate-defying luck. Still, he could see that Toph wasn't willing to join him, and no amount of Luck could manipulate her mind. 

But of course, like any other stalker, he wasn’t going to give up so soon. Though he wouldn’t consider himself a creep, just someone who does stalker-like behavior. Sokka shook his head, dismissing any weird side thoughts distracting him.

He also knew many possible ways that he could convince her, though their effectiveness depends. Everyone has a plan until reality punches them in the face, and while Sokka could try to calculate through all the possible alternatives, he wasn’t omniscient, or all-knowing. There were many things he couldn’t take into account here. 

But even through all that, he would be good with coming up with something on the fly. But that was when another problem would arise. The biggest worrying factor and why having Toph see things his way was likely to fail. 

Gamer's Mind was a good, amazing Skill. Something so otherworldly that wouldn't let anyone mentally influence Sokka and it would crush anything that tried to invade his mind. 

But that same skill had many side effects, Sokka knew that due to the skill. Toph probably didn't sense anything from him. Just like a cold, emotionless rock. While that wasn't true on the inside as his feelings were still there, Gamer's Mind and Body would make him appear calm to her senses even if he wasn't. He could understand why anyone wouldn't trust someone she couldn't read at all and appeared so calm.

'This is an annoying obstacle. But not something I hadn't planned beforehand. Everyone can be bought, though sometimes, the price isn’t always money.'

"How about I teach you a new form of earthbending?" He laid it out directly, no side-stepping the issue or trying to outmaneuver Toph. This wasn’t a situation where he could use his innocent-looking face to try and have girls agree with him. 

His expression was still gentle, just in case anyone was observing (June likely is) but against Toph, his acts had no effect at all. 
“I am going to scream now,” Toph said simply, taking a deep breath, getting ready to do what she had just said. Since he didn’t seem like a bad guy, she at least gave him a warning, but Sokka was still very suspicious. 

Fwish!

But before she could do anything, Sokka was right in front of her with his hand covering her mouth. "How about we keep this quiet, little princess? I really mean it when I said that I will teach you new forms of earthbending."

As proof, he took out a scalpel and slashed it across his hand. Blood dripped out and formed into the shape of a star. "You see? Bending is amazing, and you haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet."

Brushing his hand aside, Toph frowned, but she didn't scream so Sokka saw that as some progress. "So you want me to follow you? A sketchy man who suddenly appeared and was told to come with him? Also, your twisted bloodbending doesn't help at all. It makes you seem like the villain."

Hearing that, Sokka smiled. "That's where you're mistaken. I am the good guy here. Also, it wasn't like I would ever be able to meet you the regular way. How would I even go about that? Ask your parents if I can see their young daughter? That sounds like something that would get me put in jail. Can you imagine what happens to cute, innocent-looking guys, like me, in jail?"

She looked at him confused. “What happens to them?”

‘Oh, right, this world doesn't have the internet so kids her age can’t learn such things.’