Chapter 85 - Divine Right

***
God? What does he look like? Anyone who believes in a divine, or higher existence has wondered what it looks like during a part of their life. Whether such a being existed or not, was a whole other debate. But, if it did, its form would be something incomprehensible to humans. 

That was how Azula felt, as she saw a giant figure, bigger than any mountain come out of the ocean. The sky seemed to darken at the divine-looking creature's body. 

It was magnificent, godly. 

There was no other way to describe such a thing. It was at that moment when Azula understood that she had lost. Her strategies, plans, and schemes no longer mattered in front of such absolute power. 

She stumbled, and fell on the ground, using her hands to position herself to sit on the cold metallic floor. 

"This… has to be some kind of bad joke," she muttered. The fear is very apparent by now. Azula no longer saw a reason to act tough, because no matter what she did, or how she acted, there was nothing that could be done against such a creature. "Is this how I die?"

Even the usually cold, and emotionless Mai's eyes were widened with clear terror in them. Her body kept shaking, no matter how hard she tried to stop it.

Ty Lee was the only one who seemed to be even remotely calm. But that was only because she felt the divine-looking monster's aura didn't show any sign of hostility. It seemed like there was no intent to harm them. But still, Ty Lee knew by now trusting her senses wasn't a good idea. Especially when trying to read such a monstrous being.

"H -Hey, Azula, I wanted to tell you something," a stuttering Ty Lee gathered her courage to speak. "I like Kuzon… Well, I don't know if I really, really like him. But he is kind of the only choice I have. Any other guy and I will be able to tell what they're feeling, so it's kinda hard to get into a relationship like that. Also, I like how smart he is, and always seems to find something to talk about-"

"Now isn't the time!" Mai yelled, stopping Ty Lee in her mindless rant. "Azula! Wake up! We need to get out of here, give your orders!"

The Fire Princess finally came to her senses and got up. "Thank you for waking me up," she muttered, the fear in her eyes from before was gone in a split second. Azula's confidence was back in full force and she started the gigantic creature straight in the eye, fearlessly. "Fear won't get us out of this situation. So why bother with it?"

"Everyone!" She called out to her terrified soldiers, whose hearts were sunk to the brink of despair. "Get this ship out of here! Turn the engines back in reverse! Break them if you have to!"

The captain, a white-haired man whose experience showed through the many wrinkles on his face and scars on his hands. Even someone like him was afraid. They were only human after all. "B -But princess, what if we anger the deity?"

His meek talk annoyed Azula, and lightning crackled on her fingers. "Then would you rather take your chances with the spirit being angry and killing, or me killing you right now?"

The veteran gulped in fear and scattered off. "I will tell everyone your orders, princess!"

Azula almost breathed a sigh of relief, since the ones inside the ship couldn't have caught sight of the visage yet, they were oblivious to what was going outside. So she planned to use them to turn back the ship in reverse. 

But now she had another problem in her hands, and that was the soldiers on deck. Their spirits were destroyed, and Azula didn't have some magic skill that could help them. "Hey! You bastards! Get up and fight! I don't care if you don't believe in yourself, all I need you to do is trust in me."