Be My Guest... Not

Jane still couldn't believe that beds—or 'nests'—made from straw and leaves could be as comfortable as an actual bed. Sometimes she wondered if this was some kind of Hellwalker trick, or if she'd lived as one for so long that she's forgotten the commodities of town.

Still, every now and then she'd get a sore back. Especially with a baby on the way.

"Here?"

Jane bit her lip as Striker massaged her shoulder blades. Despite his calloused hands, they had tenderness to them when he wanted. The aching diminished considerably.

"Sweet satan, that feels so good. Think you could move a little bit down...? There, there. Oh, yeah..."

"Looks like the lil' one's taking his toll on ye, isn't he?"

"Big deal, it's not the first time I go through this, remember? I know what to expect."

Striker wrapped his arms around his wife, smiling. "Ye know ye can lean unto me for anythin', doll."

Jane smirked playfully as she leaned back into Striker's chest. "It's the least you can do, considering that this is your fault."

"Oh, my fault?"

"Who do you think put this baby in here?"

Striker chuckled. "Well, technically, the two of us are at fault here."

"Oh, that's what you're going to tell Jake when you give him the birds and bees talk? 'Mommy and daddy are at fault there?" Jane giggled at the look on Striker's face.

"Think we could save that particular topic for later? There's enough in my mind already."

Jane laughed again... until she felt a small cramp in her stomach. She thought nothing of it. Surely it was just because of the bad position. Yeah, that must be it. 

—*HB*—

"What's so funny?! We nearly got caught!"

Striker smirked. "Nobody can catch me, vermin." His smirk widened as Moxxie scowled.

"Would it kill you to call me by my actual name?"

"No, I just like spitin' ya."

The thespian didn't answer. He merely muttered under his breath—though he didn't want to risk his Hellwalker companion hearing him call him a dickhead— and accommodated the stolen goods in his arms. 

How was he even talked into this? He had protested over the theft and tried to insist that they go purchase their own food, but Striker wouldn't have any of it. 

Besides, it'd be a nice payback, the vindictive part of him told him. Henry and Jack messed with him the most out of all of Millie's family. 

The plan was to distract them with the cart in order to steal their meal. Striker did most of the dirty work, though. He'd tip the cart and take the food while Henry and Jack turned around to see what was going on. Moxxie did try to grab one of the baskets, but 'd been too slow and barely managed to retreat as the cart nearly tipped again right on top of him —he wondered if Striker had done it on purpose.

And of course, Striker couldn't resist trolling the 'town imps' a little bit more. He used a bit of magic to tangle up their feet with vines and then pulled them, sending the two Imps to the ground right unto a pile of mud, giving Moxxie momentum to steal the jar of milk. And if it couldn't be any funnier, both brothers thought that the other was trying to prank him and they started a childish fight.