2

An idea I had for announcing the pregnancy
———

I stared at the test. Josie stood next to me with the same expression.

"Girl, it's been a year." She deadpanned. She was right. It's only been one year since I met Lucian. And now I stared at a positive pregnancy test.

"I- I don't know w- what to do." I stuttered. It's been awhile since I've done that.

"Hey calm down." Josie gripped my shoulders. "Lucian would never reject you, you are his mate." She reminded me.

"B- but a baby is d- different." I sobbed. We were at her apartment. "H- how do I e- even tell him?" I freaked out. What if I did it at the wrong time and he flipped out on me. Or he tells me to leave.

"It'll be alright, he loves you more than anything." Josie smiled. "Do you guys use protection?" She suddenly asked. Wrong time.

"Y- yes," I nodded. "Sometimes." I looked down. Sometimes it gets forgotten. Having a baby never even crossed my mind. Did Lucian think about that?

"Emily!" Josie gasped.

"I- it just gets I- in the way sometimes." I blushed deeply.

"You are way more dirty than I thought." Josie shook her head.

"How am I supposed to tell him!" I brought us back to the topic.

"Just blurt it out." She shrugged. "Like if you are sitting down and eating, just mention it." Josie said.

"Just mention it?" I asked surprised.

"Sure. You have six positive tests right here. I'm pretty sure they aren't broken. So yeah." She said.

"O- ok." I nodded. I can do that.

"Ok, now go. You can leave these here if you want." Josie suggested.

"N- no, I'll take them." I shoved them all in my bag.

"Ok, bye, Emily, tell me how it goes." Josie waved as she watched me leave. Darius had been sitting out from for the past ten minutes. He didn't know we were waiting for pregnancy tests.
———

Lucian and I were sitting on our bed watching tv. Well I wasn't really watching it, I don't think Lucian was either.

I was laying on my back with Lucian's head on my stomach. His eyes were closed but I knew he wasn't asleep. I was running my fingers through his soft hair.

I thought this was a good time to bring up the tests. "Lucian." I got his attention. He just hummed in response. "I'm pregnant." I just blurted out. All movement stopped. I stopped my fingers and Lucian stopped breathing for a second. His grip tightened around me.

I was ready for him to get up and leave the room. Instead he sat up and stared at me. His face was emotionless as I awaited his response.

"You aren't lying?" Lucian asked.

"W- why would I l- lie?" I asked. My stutter proving my point.

Lucian didn't answer me. He just leaned forward and buried his face in my neck. He kept a firm grip on my waist with one hand while the other rubbed my stomach.

"Lucian?" I was confused by his reaction.

"I love you." He said.

"D- does that mean y- your happy?" I asked.

"Yes, darling. Fuck yes." He smiled into my skin. He pulled away with a smile on his face. The biggest smile I've seen him have since I agreed to be his mate.

"You aren't mad?" I asked him.

"No, darling. Never." Lucian pressed a hand to my cheek.