Let's Go to the Mall, Today!

Authors blah: get the how I met ur mother reference in the chapter title? Yeah.Also I'm sorry for not updating on monday! My watt pad wasn't working (if you follow me on instagram you can see me rant) PWEASE FORGIVE ME! plus sorry for all these filler chapters... wow i say sorry a lot (typical Canadian, eh?)

Though we stepped into the mall, the sun's rays managed to pass through the windows on the ceiling. People were everywhere, pushing and shoving to get past me. It was all so overwhelming.

"Please stick together, guys." Haru shouts over the mobs. "What stores do you want to go to first?"

"I dunno about you guys, but I've been craving a Big Mac." Hughes says hungrily. "McDonald's anybody?"

"Yeah! I would love that!" Carter cheers. Carter grabs my hand along with Hughes, "Let's go!"

Carter, Hughes and i quickly run off to the Mcdonald's with Haruka trailing behind us.

"God this is so good." smiles Hughes with his mouth full.

"So..." Haruka quietly whispers. Her face heated up again. "Do you guys want to split up into groups to finish your mission?"

I slurped from my Diet Coke and stuffed a spoon full of Mcflurry into my mouth. I had already completely forgotten about the mission. I mean, it was really nice to be out for the first time in months.

"Sure!" Carter grins scarily. "Dibs on Lena being my partner!"

"Don't I get any say in this?" I sarcastically and nudge Carter.

"None whatsoever!"

"Well, we should let you two lovebirds have some space." Hughes winks at Carter. "Be safe kiddies."

"Puhlease," I say like a valley girl. "We all know you want to be alone with Haruka."

"What makes you say that?!" Haruka seems to jump out of her seat. "I deny what you say! He could never like me, muchless me ever like him-"

"I get it, Haru." Hughes mutters. "Y'a don't like me, and I can't like you, even more the reason to be partners and let them be alonee~"

I let out a big smile at Hughes' remark. "Haru~, huh?"

"C-can we just get into our groups already?" Haruka's face starts to flush as she stammers.

"Sure." Carter messes with Hughes hair one last time. "Let's let these two have some couple time, c'mon Lena."

After that Carter and I get up and leave the Mcdonald's. Both our mouths are grinning ear to ear.

"I ship it." Carter breaks our happy silence.

"Hey, instead of completing our mission, wanna stalk them instead?" I ask with an evil tone.

Carter tucks his hands in his pockets. "Definitely. I don't even remember the mission."

"Neither do I." I laugh.

With that we head back to the Mcdonald's to see if Hughes and Haruka are still there. But as we are about to go back in they are coming out. Carter forcefully grabs my sleeve and pulls me around a cylinder. He presses me against the thick pole and covers us. Our faces so close they are nearly touching and I can feel his warm breath against my face. Normally I would have shoved anyone away from me if I were in a case like this... But I didn't.

"Thank goodness..." Carter lets out a sigh of relief. "They didn't see us."

From this view Carter was really something. He swept his black hair from his eyes. Even in the mall light they looked like they shined...

"Uh..." I mutter.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't realize we were so close!" He jumps back and his face flushes.

"It's... okay," I try to convince him. "It's a sacrifice we have to make in order to stalk our ship."

"Gotta agree with you." He smiles again. "What's their ship name?"

"Harughes."

"That'll work for now."

I nod in response because in the corner of my eye I see Hughes and Haruka head into Purdy's. I grab Carter's hand and run towards the ice cream store. 

I suddenly stop and cause Carter to run into my back.

"Ow..." he groans. But I gesture for him to keep quiet and he shuts up immediately. 

We poke our heads past the door to get a better look inside. There Haruka and Hughes stand in line silently. She looking down at her shoes and Hughes keeps his eyes out for any potential pickpockets that we should be looking for for our mission.

"Carter, this is making me depressed." I whine.

"This means we've got to play match makers." he smirks arrogantly.

"Hella rad." I return the arrogant smirk.

another author's blah: okay, so uh.... to whom ever it may concern.... I was wondering what you thought about Haruka and Hughes ship name, suggestions? Compliments? comment please! Oh! and also, yeah this is kinda a filler, and yeah, i'm off topic but guys... i've been watching too many chikflicks with my mom so I want to add a little more romance to this story, hope you don't mind!