Living a Long Life

I look out the window of the yellow schoolbus. My head bobs up and down to the beat of the music going through my headphones.

My mind feels blank as the music flows through my ears. Thoughtless.

Then a sudden noise disrupts my nothingness. I take off my headphones and turn my head to the direction of the disturbing sound. My eye met the thing, or should I say the someone that made the sound. It was a boy of course. But not just any boy. I could tell by the gleam in his eye, he is different. He is like me. This schoolbus that we are on is not a normal schoolbus, its 'specially made' for us kids. The rebels, criminals, misfits that went down the wrong path. We are all here for many different reasons, stealing, forging, attacking, threatening, etc. Though you could say I'm the special one of the group. I'll admit it and won't deny it, I'm a hacker. Up until now I thought I was the only one in the group. But now I've noticed theres this boy.

He must be new.

From a glimpse he doesn't look like one at all. About 14 years old. Dark clean cut hair, Amber or brown eyes. Tall. He looks like any other boy, honestly. Like the pretty ones on Instagram.

Then there's me, 13 years old, I originally had brown hair but before I got caught, I dyed it blue, brown but could be black at times eyes and almost average height. I'm practically the opposite or your average girl.

The new boy notices me staring at him and grins at me. To my surprise he's noticed me, not many kids here do. But then again hackers are supposed to be very good at noticing the slightest mistake or misplacement and use it to their advantage.

Even though the bus is moving the boy gets up and darts to the empty seat beside me. His face is still covered with an annoying grin. His eyes showing full excitement of meeting a new person, staring at me trying to learn as much as he can about me.

I turn my eyes to meet his, frowning at his change of seats. This action just makes his big grin even wider.

We both sit in our seats in silence. I refuse to start any conversation, especially with this kid. He seems to be on edge with the silence I've put between us.

"Hey." Finally he decided to break the silence. Still staring at him I put on my headphones. Hopefully he'll stay quiet now. Maybe even leave, that would be way better. The boy didn't leave, instead he pokes me in the cheek. Repeatedly.

Obviously this guy isn't going to leave me alone so I take off my headphones. "What do you want?" I ask harshly. "I don't have all the time in the world, especially for the likes of you."

"Well, considering the circomstances, I believe we have plenty of time." He says a-matter-of-factly. Is that even a thing? "Also, as my dad always said: 'if you don't have time, make time.'" He adds.

"Well, do you even know where they are taking us?" I ask him. Whenever we go on 'fieldtrips' the officers never tell us where we are going for 'classified' reasons.

But honestly, why am I even having a conversation with this social obsessed guy?

"Actually, I know the answer to that!" He exclaims, again interrupting my thoughts. "Do you want to know where we're going...?" He says the last part in a whisper with a smug expression on his face.

My curiosity takes over my control of my body and I nod to him. He smiles at me knowing he's got my attention. "We're going to the zoo!"

"Shut up!" I hiss at him. If the guards hear us then we're dead. "Solitary confinement for a week isn't all that fun might I have you know." The boy laughs at my remark.

"What do you even want from me?"

"I want to get to know you, my fellow hacker." Smirking, he knows what I am. What I'm capable of, for some reason that worries me.