Chapter 03

Chapter 03:ㅤ"Do you smell that?"ㅤ[edited]

When passing by, Ying Xize noticed that many colleagues were subconsciously glancing in the direction of the recorder.

It's rare to see the rumored leader of the Seventh Team, so it was natural to take another look at such a legendary figure.

Only Ying Xize, who came in with the people from the Research Institute, came to the nearest area without looking sideways.

He always remembered that his only task here was to collect the samples.

The scene, which had just experienced a fierce battle, was in a mess.

Looking around, the density of the corpses once exceeded the standard. According to the rough estimation, it can be inferred that everyone in the entire community are already here.

Infected organisms often receive cues from the main body in their subconsciousness.

These people apparently obeyed the call, gathered here instinctively, and completely gave away their lives silently.

Some of them were corroded alive and died in the process of mutation. Some people have even entered the alien's mouth, but because of the fierce fight with Su Fengzhou just now, they were peeled off from the cystic part of the alien's main body again. The whole body was still wrapped in a sticky green liquid, and under the intense corrosion, there were almost no human form left.

The members of the Research Institute who went on the mission this time are basically already battle-hardened.

Except for the intern who ran out with a pale face due to discomfort and Yu Qingyi following to comfort him, everyone else almost straightaway avoided these human-like things and went straight to their sampling target.

Although most of the ordinary people who died at the scene of the "accident" have also undergone mutations, according to their previous experimental experience, these incomplete mutations are obviously not suitable for testing and research. The samples they need to bring back are mainly taken from the alien's body.

Those scattered limbs around are obviously the best choice.

The Logistics Department personnel responsible for handling the scene came and went, trying to avoid the scope of activities of the people in the Research Institute.

Next to them were the members of the Department of Elimination and Investigation who were standing by.

They stood by with guns and observed everything at the scene. Although they didn't move, everyone knew what these people were there for.

No one wanted the members of the DEI to perform their duties here.

Obviously no one spoke, but the sound of footsteps coming and going, which fell in the ears of the sentinel whose five senses were extremely sensitive, was still enough to make people feel irritable from the inside out.

When Su Fengzhou opened his eyes again, all of his demeanor has returned to a calm state.

He snuffed out the cigarette in his hand and was just about to leave when his eyes inadvertently glanced over, and paused slightly.

From this angle, the young man's back looked tall and thin.

The dusky twilight fell, the mottled starlight leaking in from the distance dyed a very thin outline around him. With his back facing him, he couldn't see his specific appearance, but there was an indescribable sense of pallor in this peaceful background.

Shen Wenyan noticed Su Fengzhou's line of sight and with a low chuckle, he blurted out: "Ying Xize, the famous iceberg beauty of the Research Institute's Group E. It wasn't me, boss, this person is really hard to chase! I don't know how many people wanted to pursue him before, but they were all turned away. But if you have an idea, boss, I can ask someone to inquire more carefully."