Chapter 12

Meanwhile, Blossom has been performing her duties as queen of the Overworld. Today, she had breakfast at eight, negotiations with the pillager king at ten, lunch at twelve, opening the castle doors to listen to the people’s problems at one, and dinner at five. She had already gotten through negotiations, which had ended with a treaty between the two groups to set up a small trading outpost between them, with the plan to eventually create a town around it and bring their
two races together after all, the pillagers were simply villagers who had strayed from their predecessors paths and the only thing keeping them from rejoining their villager brethren, was the stubbornness of the villagers. However, they hope this outpost will eventually bridge the gap between the two races.
She had also already gotten through lunch and most of the meetings with the people, with her being on the last one for the day before the castle closed its doors to the public.
This last person who came through the doors was odd, they were an average-size, older man, with a dark cloak and hood of his head, and a cane in his right hand.
The man stood there for a moment or two, before speaking, with green smoke billowing from his mouth, eyes, and nose, and a sickly sweet smell emanated from him that made everyone in the room cringe away from him.
“Beware Blossom, Queen of the Overworld, for the path that you are currently on leads only to death” upon saying this, the man’s face returned to normal, and he swiftly turned and exited from the castle.
“Hey, wait”, Blossom exclaimed, rushing out after the man. However, as he turned a corner, she followed him, only to find that he seemed to have disappeared. She returned to the castle, worriedly pondering one what his words could have possibly meant. As she fell asleep that night, she resolved not to worry herself about it, as the prince was coming tomorrow and she could ask him then, and so, she fell asleep soundly, no idea of what was soon to come.