Chapter 7 - The Con Horse

In the river, Adira, Varian, Eugene and Lance are in smooth sailing on the rowboat (I know. It's just a rowboat without the sails. It's an expression).

They are still drifting on the river endlessly.

Adira was meditating.

Lance snored in his sleep.

Varian and Eugene are bored.

Varian turns his head to his right. "Ugh, how far is it to reach the dock, Eugene?" Varian asked.

Eugene yawned. He turned his head to his left. "According to Adira, she thinks it won't be long." Eugene added. He was frowning. "Of course, that was a whole TWO HOURS AGO." Eugene argued.

Varian was annoyed. "Seriously." He added. Varian fingers the list-to-do-steps. He used both hands to gestures out. "We stretched our arms and legs out. We ate ham sandwiches. We walked. We took a view of the outside world. We walked again. We napped. We got apples. We walked some more. We got away from the big fat spiders, because Lance screams at them." Varian complained.

Eugene sighed. He was weary. "Yeah, sorry about Lance, Varian. He's still frightened over arachnids." Eugene apologized.

Varian was disinterested. "And we are back in the rowboat. I would continue on listing what happened. Except I'm out of fingers to use." He bickered.

Eugene uplifts his left thumb up. "Varian, for the scienc-y guy at your age, you did good at keeping track." He uttered.

Varian took a deep breath. He was bored again. "Well, the dilemma I'm having recently is nothing's exciting today." Varian stated.

There was horse's neighing in the distance.

Eugene and Varian are perplexed.

The raccoon awakens from its nap. Ruddiger was squeaking in confusion. The raccoon scratches its head.

The horse neighs again.

Eugene raised his eyebrow. He looked up to listen. Eugene was peeved. "Okay, am I hearing the horse making a racket, or is it just me?" He inquired.

Varian was quizzical. He listened carefully.

The more a rowboat floats forward, the louder the horse's neigh.

Varian was alarmed. He faced her. "Adira, stop the rowboat!" Varian shouted.

She quits being meditated. Adira pulls out her big black sword. She grunts. Adira penetrated the grassy ground.

The rowboat was halted.

Lance woke up by the rowboat's rocking. He was still exhausted. "Are we at the dock yet?" Lance yawned.

Varian steadies himself up from the seat.

Eugene was concerned. "Varian, what are you doing?" He wondered.

Varian jumped off the rowboat. He landed on the grassy ground. Varian was panicked. "The horse was crying for help!" He added, replying. Varian was dashing to the horse's distressful neigh. "It might be in agony!" He shrieked.

Eugene was anxious. He was wide-eyed. "Varian, wait!" Eugene added. He hastily gets out of the rowboat. Eugene hurried on the grassy ground. "It could be an ambush!" He exclaimed.

Ruddiger was surprised. The raccoon hopped out of the rowboat. Ruddiger squeaked fretfully. The raccoon scurried after Eugene.

Adira was resolute. She encountered Lance. "Earrings! Hold the rowboat! I have to get Fishskin and Blue-stripe back!" Adira shouts.

Lance nodded his head twice. He was wide-awake. "Yes mam!" He exclaims. Lance leaped out of the rowboat. He clutched on it.

She got her big black sword off of the grassy ground. Adira immediately springs out of the rowboat. She runs forth speedily.