Chapter 2 - The Sign

One year later...

In Old Corona, Quirin and Eugene are in the big pumpkin patch.

Quirin was confident. He gestures out to him. "Eugene, the other side of the garden needs watering." Quirin instructed. He was checking out the pumpkins.

Eugene fetched the watering can. He was delighted. "Got it, Quirin." Eugene added. He waters the dried soils around the pumpkins. "You know, I'm getting used to this kind of routine. Helping the quiet village here. And the people too. Building invention thing-ys with Varian. Sure, they're new for having me in this place before. And it's only been a year. I'm pretty positive that they'll warmed up to me eventually. Believe it or not, the kids thought I was Flynn Rider. Really." Eugene mentioned.

Quirin rolled his eyes and smiled. He shook his head.

Eugene continues spreading water in the pumpkin patch. He was careful not to over-watered them. Eugene was affectionate. "Man, I couldn't forget how the little ones asked me to read a story to them. ME. I would not get tired of reading Flynn Rider adventures to them. I just loved their smiles. How excited they are. How much they loved the stories of Flynn Rider. I can't say no to the kids' faces so precious. It kinda makes me want a child of my own." Eugene reminisced.

Quirin sighs. He was raising his eyebrow at him. Quirin was still smiling. "Have you ever thought of settling down to raise the family, Eugene?" Quirin asked.

Eugene was bewildered. He dropped the watering can in the pumpkin patch. "What?" Eugene added. "Settle down? Raising the family?" He inquired.

Quirin shrugged. "I know I done it. Varian is the only son I have." He said.

Eugene shook his head. He was cheerful. Eugene gestures out. "Quirin, I appreciate the idea of yours. It's just I'm not there to go 'settling down to raise the family' yet." Eugene added. He shrugs. "I will meet Miss Right when I see her." Eugene answered.

Quirin sighed. He goes to the watering can. Quirin was compassionate. "Eugene, I have seen you reading bedtime stories to the children in some nights. You also read Flynn Rider books to Varian. I'm saying you can be a good father someday. You just got to see it yourself deeper from your heart." He mentioned.

Eugene was perplexed. "Nice talk with you, Quirin. I had better go check up on Varian before I keep working for today." He said.

Eugene was heading to Varian's house.

Quirin smiles. "Just be back about five minutes, okay Eugene?" Quirin wondered.

Eugene waved his hand. "I got it, I got it, Quirin." He acknowledged.

Eugene opens the front door. He enters Varian's entryway. Eugene wanders for him. Varian noticed Eugene's footstep sounds. He was working on his lab. Varian was smirking. He faced him. Varian crisscrossed his arms. "You might not realize sooner, Eugene. That Miss Right you've been mentioning could be Rapunzel." Varian guessed.

Eugene was annoyed. "Varian, not the princess of Corona again." He said.

Varian was hopeful. "Hey, we haven't met her yet. And she can be the one for you." He said.

Eugene shook his head. "No way, kid." He added. "Princesses and commoners don't go together." Eugene stated.

Varian was solemn. "Eugene, Rapunzel will forgive you about the crown. If we really get a chance to meet her, we can talk about what happened a year ago." Varian suggested.

Eugene was afraid. "Varian, if the princess knew I stole her crown, the last place I'll ever get forced to go by guards is the castle's dungeons. I can't take that risk." He said.