~ Chinese food ~

The next few hours in the car had been more or less painful for Elaine and Richie

The next few hours in the car had been more or less painful for Elaine and Richie. The woman groaned, hitting her head repeatedly against the window while Richie sang his heart out to Friday I'm in Love for what felt like the hundredth time. Elaine whined again, chortling at his horrendous voice, "You sound like a dying elephant!" She laughed. "You're just jealous that I sing better," He retorted, singing even louder than before.

"Shut up Richie, you're ruining the best part!!" Elaine whined, but Richie ignored his wife's comments as he belted out the chorus. It's safe to say that Elaine was relieved when the song was over. Driving forward they were met with a sign. Elaine gulped at the writing on the large green sign. She squeezed her eyes shut, opening and closing them to see if maybe she was seeing things.

Welcome to Derry
You'll float too

She opened her eyes and watched it change back to normal. Richie turned down the volume and looked around. He took in the town's surroundings, it looked the same as when they left it. "Same old boring Derry," Richie smiled, patting his wife's leg. "It's just like when we were kids," His eyes skimmed the environment as they drove through the town they'd once lived in.

Unlike her husband, Elaine was uncomfortable with the looks of her hometown. Though she was mostly glad to be back, part of her was scared. Driving through the town she grew up in was sentimental, making her remember things she couldn't quite remember before. It was weird. Richie parked at the Inn Mike had sent, bringing his and Elaine's things inside.

The brunette peered inside the trunk of his sports car, searching for her missing bag. She blew a strand of loose hair away from her face, "Rich, did you see a brown leather bag?" Richie's eyes widened, remembering he had forgotten that bag at home. "I- no!" He yelled, trying to lie. Everyone in the area looked at him funny, including Elaine. "Jeez, okay, no need to yell about it!" She whispered back, embarrassed everyone had looked at them.

"You sound like Austin Powers," She mumbled to herself, pulling Richie into the hotel. "How is that an insult?" Richie peeked from behind her. Elaine rolled her eyes at him, ignoring his words. "No, because seriously, the international man of mystery?" He rambled, "Who wouldn't want to be Austin Powers?!" Richie said a little too loud, everyone inside now looking at him. "Sorry," He apologized, fixing his glasses. Elaine buried her head in his shoulder, hiding her red face.

Once the couple had gotten into their room, they quickly got ready. Richie dressed casually while Elaine paced as she rushed to get dolled up. Richie peered inside the bathroom and raised his eyebrows at the sight of Elaine applying red lipstick. "What?" Elaine asked, noticing him staring at her through the mirror. He looked away, plopping down on the hotel room bed.

"No, nothing," He shook his head, "You looked at me funny, why?" "What, I can't look at my hot wife anymore?" Elaine blushed, putting on her red heels. "I never said that," She let out a breathy laugh, sitting down on the bed beside him. "Well, you are," Elaine softly kissed his cheek, leaving a red imprint on it. He stumbled with his words, sitting up. "Beautiful, I mean." "You're cute," Elaine chuckled pulling him out of the room with her.