~ Crumbling ~

"We've got to get him out of here," Richie's voice cracked

"We've got to get him out of here," Richie's voice cracked. "How are we supposed to do that, Richie?" Ben sighed, rubbing his temples with obvious sadness. "I almost killed it," Eddie muttered, slightly chortling as he spoke, reminiscing on his past encounters with the clown. "The leaper... My hands were around his throat, and I was choking it. I made it feel so small. He was so weak. I was the one who made him seem so weak." He smiled proudly, blood on his teeth pouring onto his chin.

"Oh, Eddie," Elaine sniffled, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. Lifting his head, Mike perked up, "The Shokopiwah," he started, everyone turning to him in hope that they could somehow still save Eddie. "All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit." Beverly stiffened, and her eyes widened as if she, too, had thought about something. She closed her mouth, Ben calling out to the rest of the Losers, "Guys, I think there's a way out through here!"

Beverly smiled, faith in her words, "With the tunnel! It has to make itself small enough to get into the entrance!" Elaine took in a sharp breath, unsure of what Bev was saying. "So if we could somehow get back there... We can force him back down to our size!" Elaine gulped, crossing her arms, "What about Eddie?" The uncertainty hung in the air as the Losers shared a look, aware that Elaine was more than worried for him. She wasn't about to let another person die on her hands.

"It'll be nearly impossible to get him through... And he's badly injured! How will it-" Eddie gave her a weak smile, reaching for her hand. "You can't bring me, Dolly," Elaine forced a fake smile, "No Eds, don't say that," Deep down she knew Eddie wasn't going to survive just like everyone else around him did. Squeezing back his cold hand a single tear managed to escape her right eye. Elaine spoke numbly, no emotions present in the tone of her once soft, now coarse voice, "We're all gonna die." Gulping at her statement Mike noticed the growing shaking of the ground.

"Oh Losers, I can smell the stink of your fear!" Pennywise laughed, getting closer. If they wanted to survive and possibly save Eddie, they had to act quickly. The darker man's eyes widened, "Go! We gotta go! Grab him!" Bill and Richie did their best to delicately carry Eddie over to the opposite corner, a loud whimper escaping the injured man when he was set back down. Time was slipping away. Richie wiped his face with his rough hands, kneeling down in front of Eddie with the same fake smile his wife had put on a few moments earlier.

"Eddie, hey," "Richie, I gotta tell you something," He replied gaining Richie's interest. "Yeah, of course, what's up, buddy?" Eddie paused, a large cheeky smile growing on his face. "I fucked your mom." He joked, Richie's face turning to a smirk. Smiling down at her two boys, Elaine couldn't push away the feeling of this being oddly familiar. Shaking the thought from her head, more tears began to fall from her eyes. Eddie laughed at his own retort, falling into a bad coughing fit. Not able to bare the look of him in any more pain, Elaine turned away, her head in her hands.

Looking in the opposite direction, she could see Pennywise's attempts to get them even clearer. Wiping her nose, she turned back around, "We have to do something," Elaine and Mike shared a look, sending the rest of the Losers simple glances. Richie nodded at them, utter love in his eyes for the woman in front of him. The rest wordlessly agreed, understanding what needed to be done. Without complicating things, Richie and Eddie were left together in the dust, the rest making a run toward the center of the cave.