𝟎𝟗: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐝𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭

* * * *

* * * *

November  1, 1976

It was Sirius Black's birthday soon, and his best friends were determined to make it great. James, Peter, and Remus were heavily brainstorming ideas to make Sirius's birthday memorable. 

"No Pete that isn't gonna work, he'll catch on," James mumbled as he stared hard down at the piece of parchment they were writing ideas on. 

Peter was laying with his back against the mattress and his feet up against the headboard. He huffed, "What're we gonna do then?"

Remus rolled his eyes and said, "You know, why don't we throw him a massive party? It's Sirius we're talking about not Merlin." 

"Might as well be Merlin with the way Sirius sees himself." James laughs thinking about his best friend.

Remus smiles to himself and says, "We'll make it the best party ever."

"As long as there's alcohol, Queen, David Bowie, and you, Remus, I'm sure he'll love anything you throw in front of the poor sod." James ruffles his hair and stands up from his bed stretching out his arms and back. 

James then strolled to the end of his bed where his trunk was perched and dug around, knocking a few pairs of shoes out in the process. He eventually pulled out a seemingly blank piece of parchment, which both Remus and Peter both knew that it was in fact the Marauder's Map, a creation formed by the four teen boys themselves. 

"Who you lookin' for, James?" Peter asks

James stops momentarily like he was caught doing something he shouldn't. "Um...Sirius of course."

Remus cocked an eyebrow and caught eyes with Peter who gave him an equally puzzled look.

James of course was not actually looking for Sirius. He was looking for Evanna, which became a very common habit for him nowadays which he doesn't actually have a reason for doing.

"So, where is he?" Remus asks, hiding a smirk.

James looks up distracted, "Hm?" he asks.

"I said, where is he?" Remus was fully grinning now and he had a knowing look in his eyes.

James paused, his brain entirely shutting down. Who were they talking about? Oh! Sirius, right. James searched quickly on the map for his best friend and found him successfully.

"He's in the library with Lily, Marlene, and Mary." James smiled, slightly nervous.

Remus looked smug and continued reading his book. "Mhm,"

James let out a breath and continued looking for Evanna. Aha. She was outside in the courtyard with her friends. He smiled to himself and looked at the map for a few more moments. He then noticed that Avery, Jack, and Summer's dots were starting to move away from Evie, but she was staying put. Interesting... Was she by herself? Seemed like it.