𝟎𝟓: 𝐋𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

* * * *

* * * *

September 2, 1976

The next day, Evanna was awoken by a very hyper Summer Williams. It was common knowledge that Summer was a morning person. Which she didn't fully understand. But it was also common knowledge that Summer was a Hufflepuff. So, how she not only got into the common room- again- and got up the dormitories without being noticed, always blew Evanna's mind.

"Wake up, Bestie!" said Summer from her position over Evanna, her red hair getting in Evanna's face, mostly her mouth.

"S-Summer!" Summer jumped off of her as Evanna was spitting out the red stray hairs from her mouth. "What the hell are you doing?"

"You're going to be late for your lessons!" Summer said giggling from on the floor. "It's only the first day, you know."

"Ugh, whatever," Evanna said getting up and stretching her sleepy muscles.

"C'mon!" At that Summer ran over to Evanna's wardrobe and started pulling out what she thought were the best robes, skirt, and button blouse.

Evanna walked over to her dresser and started to brush through her hair.

"Are you still mad at Avery?" Summer asked while now picking out what she thinks is the best tie.

"Not mad," Evanna answered now putting on a layer of mascara. "Just disappointed."

Summer sighed, "Why are you so determined for them to like each other?"

"I don't care if they like each other or not. They don't need to be best friends and skip across the grounds holding hands." Evanna said looking at Summer through the glass in the mirror. "I just don't want to hear Avery complaining about James every time he passes by in the corridor."

"You'll never get him to apologize," said Summer picking out shoes. "You know that Avery is as stubborn as a mule."

"Yeah," Evanna said now turning around to grab her clothes. "It's the Gryffindor in him."

Evanna was thinking about sorting when she was eleven. 

She was already sitting down with her newly sorted peers and Avery was called up to sit on the stool in front of Professor McGonagall. He looked nervous but determined. Evanna already had a feeling that this boy would be in Gryffindor. 

Young Avery Thomas sat down and McGonagall put the old, worn hat on his head. Avery did not look surprised about the fact that the hat talked to you in your head. Evanna was. It gave her a right scare. He must have been warned. A few seconds later the hat sorted Avery by yelling out to the Great Hall, "GRYFFINDOR!". Avery looked smug as a sauntered over to the maroon and gold-clad side of the hall.