𝟎𝟖: 𝐏𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

* * * *

* * * *

September 24, 1976

The Saturday following the day at the beach was an example of totally inconsistent weather. It was a crisp cool morning but the sun was shining and the sky was blue.

There were students all around campus enjoying the weather. Some people were at the Quidditch pitch tossing around the quaffle and trying to score practice points. Most people were all around the Hogwarts grounds and lying lazily with their backs in the grass with the light breeze ruffling their hair.

Evanna Chase and Summer Williams, however, were in Evie's dorm room getting her ready for her first date with Amos Diggory. (Joined by Jack and Avery, of course)

"Does this one work?" Evie asked, showing off her simple pink sundress. Getting a little anxious as this was the fourth outfit she had tried on for her friends.

"Eh," Avery said. "You could do better."

"Yeah I agree," Jack said.

Summer shrugged.

Evie huffed. "Ugh, fine."

And a few minutes later she came out wearing a short and simple black bodycon dress. She timidly gave a little spin.

"Oh, yes!" Summer exclaimed clapping her hands.

"Why didn't you show us that one the first time!" Avery threw his hands up in the air.

"C'mon Evie, it's perfect!" Jack said smiling.

"Really? It's not too much?" Evanna looked into the floor-length mirror she had in her dorm.

"Definitely, not," Avery said getting up and standing next to her in the mirror. He spun her by the shoulders so she faced him and he said, "You'll do great, Evie. You look great. Don't worry."

"Thanks, Aves." she gave him a hug and he wrapped his arms around her.

"M'sorry again, for being such a prat. Y'know I love ya." he sighed.

"It's okay, love you, too." Evie smiled, let go, and fussed with her hair a bit more before she said, "Right, I best be off, then."

Suddenly, a flash of red surrounded Evie, and she felt arms wrap around her.

"You'll do great, Evie!" Summer said while Evanna was struggling to breathe properly. "M' so proud!"

Summer wiped a fake tear from her eye and giggled. "Oh, hush, Sum," Evie fought back a smile and failed. "We're just...hangin' out, that's all."

They all followed Evie down the staircase and into the common room.

"Don't downplay it, Evie!" Summer said. "This is your first date! Not to mention, with Amos Diggory." She said his name very sing-songy and Evie flushed slightly pink and rolled her eyes.