chapter 5: From mud to the sea

SCORCH POV

"so webs took tsunami's egg from the royal hatchery meaning she's the lost seawing princess" i ask. "yes" starflight says "we're going to go to the kingdom of the sea after we go to the mudkingdom to clay can find his family". i was still carrying gill who was still unconscious. we knew he wasn't dead though witch is good.

most of the way here we floated down the river so we wouldn't be seen by any other dragons. it took us about three days before we made it to the mud kingdom. until we came across a not so old battlefield. "the battle must have happened recently look. some of the fires are still burning" glory stated. "who do you think won" tsunami asked. "nobody won here" i say. "who could look at this and say 'we won' sunny says.

"we're on the edge of the mudwing kingdom, i should go on alone" clay says. "clay you can't go alone" sunny protests. 

"the mud wings won't trust all six of us together"

"it's true, especially tsunami. the sea wings are on blisters side" glory says. "and who knows what they'll think of sunny" tsunami states. "clay at least take glory with you" i say. glory changed he scales to different shades of brown. "fine" clay agrees. i watched as they flew off. "i'll be right back, you all should hide incase of any mudwing patrols" i say before picking up gill and walking back to the river and setting him in it.

TIME SKIP

"there they are" sunny said flying into the air a little bit. gill still hadn't woken up, i was starting to get worried. i may not have known him, but i still want him to live. they started talking about how clays egg wasn't taken he was sold, and how he didn't attack them when they were hatching, he was trying to help them hatch. "so what now bigwing" glory asked "we'll be like the mud wings, stick together no matter what happens".

we started flying towards the kingdom of the sea. of course i was crying gill because i was the only one that could without getting tired. "shouldn't we stay beneath the trees. what i a patrol spots us. we must stay under the trees. alright. everyone back to the trees right now" starflight said worriedly. "sorry starflight" sunny apologized.

tsunami tried to catch some fish but failed. then i heard some wing beats. "SKYWINGS QUICK INTO THE WATER" tsunami yells before diving into the water. "no way" glory says turning invisible. "i'll lead them away" i say starting to fly a little. "no scorch don't" sunny protests.

"don't worry, i'll be back" i pick up gill and fly away from them getting the attention of a mudwing and the two skywings. i flew for a while despite the protests of the dragons chasing me trying to get me to stop. i quickly dove into the water and swam down and hid. i saw the dragons try to look for me but eventually gave up. i swam towards the surface and onto an island. i walked to the tree line and set gill down. i turned around and the heard coughing.

i turn around and see gill coughing up some water. "w-where am i" he asks himself not knowing i was there. "well we're in the kingdom of the sea" i say surprising him. he got into a defensive stance. "who are you, and how did we get here. last i remember was being at the skywing palace" he asks. he was still very weak.

"my name is scorch, and we rescued you from the skywing palace after we got captured"

"where are the rest of your friends. you said we"

"well i distracted a skywing and mudwing so they didn't find them"

"well who are your friends" he asks

"the dragonets of destiny"

he looked surprised for a moment the asks "how did you escape"

"well you weren't given any water so they drove you insane and had to fight my friend tsunami. and i had made a deal with scarlet and if i beat her champion she would let us go, turns out she lied and i released all the prisoners before tsunami killed you"

"well i must thank you, i am forever in your debt"

i was taken back a little by this. 'he must be a higher up or something' i thought. "by the way who are you" i ask.

"i am gill, king of the seawings"

NEXT DAY TSUNAMI POV AFTER TAKEN BY GUARDS

we approached an island that looked like a giant pillar "don't tell me that's the summer palace" i ask. "just watch" riptide says. the seawing guards start diving into the water 'here we go' i think before following. i dive into the water and follow the guards into an underwater tunnel.

as i came out of the water and saw the summer palace. it was beautiful. "i think you should take me somewhere i can wait for my mother" i tell riptide. "up there" he points at one of the floors of the palace. "and bring your friends with us".

we fly to the top level of the palace as riptide tells me about it along the way up. when we get up there "is that the throne" i ask 'and another one'.

'it's too small for the king soo' then it hit me 'did queen coral make me a throne and wait all these years for me to come and fill it. a throne of my own. already'. i hear wing beats behind me "MOTHER". she runs to me and embraces me in a hug. "ow".

"mother you pulled me too hard". i look and see a dragonet no older than 1. "who is that" i ask. "that's your sister anemone". i hear glory say something but i ignore it. "hi i'm tsunami" "hi" she says back. "tsunami, is a good name. webs did one thing right. where is he now, i have been planning his punishment for years. it won't be a slow death"

"please don't hurt webs" sunny asks. "WHY IS THERE A MUDWING IN MY SUMMER PALACE" she yells. "i promise we're the dragonets of destiny" i say. "i thought it was just a rumor. put these four in a cave and place a guard there".

the guards take my friends away and everyone else flies off. mother then takes off a pearl necklace and puts it around my neck 'my first treasure' i thought. "your majesty" a seawing guard lands on the platform. "a dead dragon has been found a few islands away"

"oh how sad. what happened to him" mother asks. "her. and we don't know yet, and the strange part is it's a skywing" the dragon says.

"WHAT, a skywing this close to the palace. get me shark and take me to the body now" mother says. i follow her and the guards out of the palace. it was kind of hard swimming at first but i got the hang of it. along the way i saw riptide and i waved but he didn't wave back. then we came to an island and i climbed up to a ledge. "she's been dead for a day or two, was killed quite violently" shark says.

'that's kestrel' i thought. then i hear wing beats and roars. the guards get in a defencive position surrounding me, anemone, and mother. then five skywings fly over us as if they were trying to escape from something. they didn't even notice us. some were on fire and others had giant slash marks on them. then something flies past us fast and on fire. only one dragon i knew could do that. although he noticed us. he hovered in place and turned off the fire.

then i realised he was carrying gill. but he was awake. "oh, hi tsunami" he says. "hi scorch" i say back. "coral" gill says. "gill". scorch sets him down and mother runs up to him and embraces him. "mother who is he" i ask. "tsunami, this is your father"

END OF CHAPTER

A/N

hope you liked the chapter

i changed the order of events a little bit so it works with the story

bye