chapter 1: fire and flames

6 YEARS LATER

3RD POV

"where's the monster i saw when you hatched. that's the dragonet we need for the prophecy" kestrel roared. "FIGHT". the very one sided fight continued as kestrel was yelling insults the entire time while clay was trying the peaceful option. "AAAAHH". tsunami had stomped on kestrels tail. "tsunami aren't you sweet, protecting a dragon who tried to kill you in your egg" 

then they heard an audible thump. they all turned their heads to where the tap of talons were coming closer. "but i thought I was the monster kestrel" scorch said walking out of the shadows. kestrel just scoffed and left the training cave. "hey scorch, did you see the whole thing" clay asked weakly. "no i was sleeping while hanging from a stalactite, i woke up when tsunami stomped on kestrel's tail"

"well, clay i know just what you need" tsunami stated. she then gestured to scorch. he knew what this meant. he carefully picked up clay with his mouth and threw him on his back and followed tsunami. they made it to the underground river which scorch dropped clay into. and tsunami jumped in a swam around. 

some moos were heard from the other room catching their attention. "dinner" "race you". clay and tsunami ran off towards the eating cave leaving scorch behind. he just followed them. scorch killed one of the cows. he breathed a little fire on it to cook it, and started eating. "guys, webs brought us some fish" sunny said excitedly dragging a basket into the cave.

everyone said ether yes, ooh, or ew. sunny tipped over the basket dumping out all of the fish. tsunami began looking through the fish for anything good until she found something weird. "hey starflight what's this" she asked showing it to him. "i believe it's called an eel".

scorch stopped eating and looked up at the eel. "what's wrong" tsunami asked. he backed up slowly "keep that thing away from me". tsunami looked at the eel in her talon then at scorch and grew a devilish smile. "what, scared of a little eel" she said.

tsunami walked closer and scorch backed up more. "tsunami stop" clay said. "fffiiinnnee". she threw the eel back over by the other fish. scorch sighed in relief. he then walked over to the sleeping cave to take a nap.

he was woke up by kestrel pushing him. "come on, morrowseer is here". he got up and followed her not really caring who this morrowseer was. he lined up next to the other dragonets trying not to fall back asleep. "are you morrowseer, can you get us out of here" tsunami asked. "hush you ungrateful lizard" kestrel said. morrowseer then began to inspect all of them one by one, until his eyes landed on glory. "what. is. that.".

"it's his fault her brought her here" kestrel pointed at webs. he looked at her with a betrayed face. "something has gone very wrong here" he stated. "yes it has" tsunami started. "we're kept like prisoners in these caves. how we supposed to save the world when we've never seen it".

morrowseer turned around and whipped tsunami with his tail "enough". clay was about to attack but stopped when a red and orange blur passed by him and rammed morrowseer knocking him over. "scorch stand down" dune said. "no i want to see what he can do" morrowseer said.

everyone backed up as the two began to circle each other. morrowseer lunged at scorch trapping him under his talons but nothing was there. he looked around but he wasn't there. "where did he go". then something heavy fell on him knocking him to the ground, then a talon was placed against his throat. "there, i win" scorch said on top of him.

he got off of morrowseer and was about to walk away. he then felt a giant talon slam him into the ground pinning him down. "now i win" morrowseer said. "HEY, that was a dirty move" tsunami stated. "i was simply doing what i had to do to win" he said putting more weight on scorch. "allright, THAT'S IT" he yelled releasing a torrent of flames around him making morrowseer get off of him. no one was able to see him through the flames.

"well it looks like he's dead" morrowseer stated. "wait scorch has fire resistant scales" clay said. morrowseer got back into a ready stance. "you know" scorch started. "not only do i have fire resistant scales, i can also set myself on fire".

every ones eye grew wide at the statement. then scorch stepped out of the fire covered in flames. he ran at morrowseer knocking him into a wall making him hit his head hard knocking him out. no one said a word after what had happened. scorch shook off the flames then went over to the fire he started. he flew up a little bit then flapped his wings making the fire go out. he left the room leaving everyone more speechless.

END OF CHAPTER

A/N

hope you guys liked the chapter

just letting you know i won't be able to update this weekend

bye