chapter 2: escape, somewhat

3RD POV

after a while morrowseer woke up from being knocked unconscious. "the fiery dragon will eventually come with me to the nightwing kingdom for experiments" he said talking about scorch. "these two will do" he pointed and clay and tsunami, then he pointed at sunny "this one we'll have to see". then he walked up to startflight "and i assume you used your nightwing powers to see i was going to lose that fight, no doubt you also already know i am going to the next cavern for a private conversation. "as for the rainwing" he gestured to glory "we'll talk about her later".

after that the dragonets minus starflight went into a different cave while morrowseer and starflight had there private conversation. scorch walked out of the sleeping cave just as glory walked in after saying something about not to wake her up unless it's something exciting and not sunny exciting. "i don't think everything is exciting, but you guys don't think enough things are exciting" sunny complained. 

scorch just walked up next to a stalagmite and layed down and listened in on what they were talking about. "sunny, what do you think about running away" clay asked. "you mean leaving the caves. without our guardians. oh no we couldn't. we have to do what the prophecy says. the talons understand it. as long as we follow it everything will be ok." she replied. "yeah, your probably right" clay said.

then starflight walked out of a cave with morrowseer. clay called out to him but he didn't respond. the two of them then walked into the studie cave leaving scorch, sunny and tsunami by themselves. scorch must have dosed off for a second because he woke up to tsunami being chained to a stalagmight, kestrel melting the chains together, sunny being held back by morrowseer, and clay and starflight watching from a ledge.

scorch just sat there and watched. morrowseer said something about starflight being the leader making scorch snort. tsunami then said something about her family then kestrel responded with say she should be more grateful for what she has. "i'll be back tomorrow, make sure everything has been dealt with" morrowseer said. "we understand" kestrel responded. then morrowseer left.

"now go to bed, i don't want to hear a squawk out of anyone until morning" kestrel said. then tsunami started singing the dragonets of destiny song, horribly. "maybe we can chain your snout shut." kestrel said but it didn't make here stop. "or maybe scorch would like to spend the night hanging from a stalactite". then tsunami stopped.

"please, i do that all the time" scorch spoke up. "would you rather be in a river full of eels" kestrel suggested. "ok stalactite it is" he said quickly walking back to where he was before. the guardians then left and clay tried chewing through tsunamis chains. "clay stop. you have to go find out what they are planning" tsunami said.

he then dove into the river to see what the guardians are doing. "scorch, when did you find out you could set yourself on fire" sunny asked. he walked over to them "it was about two years ago, when there was a lot of steam in the cavern. i accidentally set myself on fire then jumped into the river" he explained. 

glory then walked out of the sleeping cave "so that was you" she said. "yup". then clay burst out of the river "th-there g-going to kill glory when we're asleep". "they wouldn't" sunny stated. they began talking about escape plans. "you have an idea tsunami don't you" scorch asked. "it's to dangerous, it was supposed to be me" she said. 

"the river" clay stated. "i found a gap under the wall in the training cave. it's very tight. i've never gone through in case i couldn't get back" she said. "i'll go, i'm the second best swimmer" he said. "clay you can't, mudwings can only hold their breath for an hour, you could get trapped with no air and drown. and you can't see in the dark like i can, you could die."

"glory will die if i don't, right. there's no other way" he said determined. "we don't know where the river will take you, you'll need to orient yourself. when it's daylight, we'll send a smoke signal through the sky hole" starflight said. "i can think of a few scroll to burn" glory said. "me too" said sunny.

"a few, why not all of them except for the important ones" scorch said. "we don't want to attract unwanted attention, and what's glory supposed to do while we wait for the sun to come up, kestrel's coming for her tonight" tsunami said. "i'll be fine, the guardians don't know i can do this, it's a good thing we never studied rainwings after all" she then slowly changed her scales to become invisible.

clay then walked into the river and swam down stream. "so what now" sunny asked. "i'll work on getting tsunami free, you two start getting scroll for that fire" scorch said. starflight and sunny nodded then ran off to the studie cave. he walked up to the chains and bit down on them trying to chew through them. "that's to going to work, clay alrea" she was then cut off by a SNAP.

the chains then fell to the ground. tsunami stared at scorch in shock. "get going, clay's not going to last forever" he said. tsunami then ran off and dove into the river. 

TIMESKIP WITH CLAY

clay and tsunami then found then smoke signal and then they heard yelling "SCORCH DID YOU HAVE TO BREATH THAT MUCH FIRE" it was starflight. "IT'S NOT MY FAULT I SNEEZED" scorch yelled back. the two then found the entrance to the cave.

WITH SCORCH

i stood back and watched them have a little reunion, but then i heard wingbeats. i walked back into the shadows and stayed as still and quiet as possible, but it's kind of hard because of how big i am. "hello again" a skywing covered in rubies walked into the cave. "you followed us here" tsunami said. "oh i didn't have to someone sent up a lovely smoke signal, what a brilliant idea" she said.

dune walked into the room "what's going on out here, wait queen scarlet, WEBS, KESTREL" he yelled. "kestrels here too, oh what a fun reunion this is going to be" scarlet then grabbed dune's neck and snapped it killing him. webs and kestrel then walked into the cave. "let them go and take me" she said. "oh i am going to take you and have such a fun time" scarlet said. the other skywings began chaining up and taking the dragonets and kestrel. "WEBS RUN, TELL THE TALONS" kestrel roared as webs dove into the river.

then they all left somehow not noticing scorch. he walked out from the shadows. "why did you just give up dune" he said. he grabbed him by the neck with his mouth and dragged him to the training cave. he walked out then set the place ablaze and flew after scarlet.

END OF CHAPTER

hope you liked the chapter

let me know if you have any suggestion

bye