epilogue

"Pansy, would you open the floo line? I'm expecting a call from Harry," she waved at her, setting three cups of tea onto the coffee table.

Pansy did as she asked and watched as Hermione heaved herself on the couch, obviously very tired and sore. Probably from the mission she went on the other day. Pansy of course didn't know the details, being a civilian, it was all classified, but she knew Hermione had been quite fatigued for a few days now.

"Oh, that one's mine actually," Hermione corrected, reaching for the cup Pansy was about to bring to her lips.

"What does it matter? Isn't it all the same?"

"That one's decaffeinated..." Hermione trailed off, looking over her shoulder to see if Draco had entered the room yet and taking a sip of her hot tea so she wouldn't have to say anything more.

Pansy's mouth hung open as she connected the dots in her mind and was about to ask explicitly when Hermione read her thoughts.

"I haven't told him yet," Hermione admitted quite nervously. "I haven't quite figured out how. But... I know I want to keep it. Whatever happens."

"Hermione... He loves you," Pansy placed her hand on Hermione's arm. Holding the decaf tea, her eyes started to water as the nervousness set in. It was obvious she was a bit terrified. "I have known Draco my entire life and I have never known him to care about, obsess over, or love anyone as he does you. He will be ecstatic, I promise you."

Hermione smiled which allowed the tears she held in to fall onto her cheeks. She reached over to wrap her arms around Pansy as Draco walked into the room, buttoning his sleeve cuffs and moving to sit next to his girlfriend.

"Pans, can I have a moment, please?" Draco drawled, putting his arm around Hermione's shoulders. "I want to speak with this beautiful, beautiful woman I have the pleasure of sitting next to."

Pansy rolled her eyes and stood from her spot on the sofa. As she walked by toward her room, she mouthed the word "ecstatic" with a wink and Hermione groaned internally.

Hermione turned toward Draco, who was sipping the tea he made them and staring at the tea tag that draped over the side of her mug. To remove herself from suspicion, she placed the cup back onto the coffee table and folded her legs under her on the cushion.

Draco seemed to take his interest off of her tea and his eyes settled onto her face. His hand moved to frame her cheeks, he absentmindedly rubbed the pad of his thumb across her skin.

"I love you," he said, pressing a soft kiss to the tip of her nose. "And I would've done this at a fancier venue in front of a crowd of people and reporters with all of America watching... But that was never what you wanted."

He shifted himself off of the sofa and knelt on the floor in front of her, holding her hands in his.

"I want to give you everything you've ever wanted, love. For the rest of time, I want it to be me that holds the privilege to be by your side. So what I really want to know is..."

He paused and moved his hands to grab a small black box from his inside coat pocket and opened it.

"I'm pregnant."

"Will you marry me?"

They spoke in unison, both of them caught off guard by what the other said, until their attention was drawn to the green glowing fire in the fireplace across from them.

"I feel like I'm interrupting something..."