Chapter 5 - V 2.0

Sierra's POV

After seeing my brothers off at the airport, Noah bought me dinner to cheer me up. We ended up having Korean barbecue at a new restaurant that opened in our neighbourhood. Quickly, I started feeling better as I got intrigued with flipping the meat on the grill. The night came quickly to an end as we enjoyed the nice food.

The following day, I got up feeling refreshed. As I got ready for work, I felt a wave of excitement wash over me. "Let's have a great day," I whispered the words of encouragement to myself.

 "Let's have a great day," I whispered the words of encouragement to myself

Giddily walking down the stairs, I greeted Noah who had his back to me. Following the strong aroma of coffee, the nice breakfast spread came to view.

"Here you go love, fill yourself up and I am off to bed again, and I am gonna be going to work at 4ish in the afternoon, so I won't be seeing you when you come back," he said pretending to be crying. Shaking my head at his little act, I took a seat at the table.

"Noah, you outdid yourself once again," I said with the most adorable face I could put on.

"What would you do without me," he said proudly with a smirk.

"Ha, what would I do seriously," I said teasingly.

"Bro at least act like you are swooned," he whined.

"Anyway, gotta go. See you later, love," he said, and he blew a kiss and disappeared up the staircase.

After having my breakfast, I grabbed all my things and made my way out of my home.

Walking through the glass door of the building, I was quickly greeted by Darcy at the reception. We chatted for a few minutes before I headed to the office.

I stepped out of the elevator with Mr. Delucas' coffee in my hand. I greeted Helen as I walked pass her. After dropping off my purse on my desk, I made my way to Mr. Delucas' office.

I knocked the wooden door and pushed it open after hearing him say come in. As I walked in, I was greeted by Mr. Delucas and another man who had his back to me.

"Good morning, sir. Here is your coffee," I said as I placed his coffee on his desk.

"Thank you, Sierra," he said with a smile.

I asked him if there was anything else that he needed.

"Oh yes. This is my son, Alexander. He is going to take on the duties of CEO of the company from now onwards," he said, leaning onto his desk.

I turn to greet the newly appointed CEO of the company. As soon as I saw the face of the man standing in front of me, my eyes instantly widened.

"Pleasure to meet you, Sierra. My dad talked a lot about you," he said with a smirk.

His eyes tainted with malice. Despite standing far from me, I could feel his scorching gaze pierce through my head. A shiver crawl down my spine as I tried my best to put on an indifferent face.