CHAPTER FIFTEEN

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

THE ROOM HAD A PUTRID STENCH, dimly light and covered in grime. Various cans and bottles covered the tables, containing every chemical there was. Even worse, it smelled like antiseptic and rotting blood. Almost smelled exactly like the hospital, if it weren't for the flies buzzing around.

It resembled a kitchen, decorated with a grimy fridge and a sink. Maybe to serve a cafeteria. A large cut of some kind of meat hung from the ceiling, emitting a foul smell. Gross. Definitely don't want to figure out what type of meat it is.

Nearly stopping her heart, a loud bang was heard from the fridge. As if it exploded, a burst of amber flames spread over the ground. A man drenched in fire ran out in a dead walk like a zombie, somehow still alive. Did he just come out to scare us...?

"Help me, Leon! Help!"

Leon shot the man on fire, who quickly dropped dead. Ashley's voice was in the distance, desperately calling for help. They were getting closer. Past the room of mysterious food items, was the security screens. One screen displayed Ashley pounding on the door, screaming desperately.

Two Ganados approached her inside the cell, brashly knocking her over. On the floor, Ashley looked completely helpless compared to their supernatural strength. They spotted the camera, then knocked out the screen, blocking the view.

"If they touch her, I swear to god—" Seraphina sneered, clicking her tongue. How could they just hurt her and block the camera like that? Their intentions were purely evil, something they didn't want them to see.

Awkwardly, Leon placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. He still wasn't sure how to approach her after knowing...what happened and what to say.

"We're close to saving her. Just hang in there."

A radio buzzed in, showing Dean's face. Luckily it wasn't Saddler, as she had no patience to even talk to him. If your enemies face appeared at all times whenever they called you, she would become annoyed to death. In the call, the screen would flicker and glitch from the poor connection.

"Sera...Seraphina, it's me. I got intel of you guys being at the island. So I've been trying to secure a route, getting some rescue. But Courtney isn't getting through to me at all. It's like she's not picking up any calls. You got any idea what happened?"

"I-I don't know. I don't think she would ignore our calls on purpose. It's just..." Seraphina trailed off. Her aunt wasn't a straightforward person. She was unpredictable, always having second motivations. "Forget about it. Let's do this on our own, Dean and get the hell out of here."