CHAPTER ONE

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

SIX YEARS PASS THE TRAGIC INCIDENT OF RACCOON CITY, as most survivors then can never forget the Arklay Mountains despair over the outbreak spreading over. It tore the normal everyday life apart, flesh by flesh with each bite of rotten teeth.

Struck with the struggles and mundaneness of adult life, Seraphina is stuck working as a nurse full time. It's the job they granted her after the city got blasted to bits. Nothing was left. Frankly, being overworked and constantly berated by her own patients was...overwhelming and stressful.

Which was an understatement, to say the least.

A wooden framed picture sat on her desk. Sixteen year old Seraphina smiled widely in the picture along with her father. Her midnight hair tied into a bun, matching black clothes. It was a rare picture of her on the rink.

On that day, she had won a local competition. Nothing big such as the international leagues, but due to the silver medal performance that day, she had won quite a few teachers asking to coach her.

And maybe that was the problem. Stuck in time, frozen in place for years. Like a growing black hole, Seraphina couldn't move on from her past. That year of 1998 hung around like a ghost, forever reminding of her past. The trauma of Umbrella Corporation's evil greed...

She had to move on. The picture was evidence of it.

But she couldn't bring herself to tear it to pieces or burn the picture to black ashes. Ruining it meant a shard of her heart being broken.

'I'll be back. But it's goodbye for now.'

In these past six years, Seraphina heard bits and pieces of what Leon, Claire and Sherry were doing after the fall of Raccoon City. Sherry had last been put in government custody with heavy protection as she had traces of the G virus antibody, but vaccinated.

Claire had gone off to find her brother Chris, much to her relief, she had found him and gotten a job fighting bioterrorism and similar incidents. Helping people in need. Leon got a decent job working as an secret service agent for the president.

She never spoke to any of them during that period.  

Leon frequently appeared in her thoughts, but she stored them away to bury him. As if ignoring it would make the memory go away. They were not even considered to be well known 'friends' or family, it was a mere obligation for survival.

Perhaps that was better off for them, as Seraphina had to stop thinking of that nightmarish time. It plagued her mind with darkness and sleep terrors. It was fine that they didn't speak anymore. For now.

I just hope they're doing okay.

Cleaning up the spilled water on the floor, which Seraphina carefully mopped up but overheard a ruckus ahead. A pot bellied man in a wheelchair placed his hands in an angered manner towards another nurse—angrily yelling at her impatiently. On the other hand, the nurse curled her body, with a sad, sorry expression.