4. Roll With It

Hanna woke up from the smell of bacon and immediately she felt her stomach turning and she bolted out of her room straight to the bathroom. 'This sucks' Hanna thought after she flushed the toilet and moved to the sink to brush her teeth. Hanna looked in the mirror and saw how empty her eyes were. Not like there was much going on there lately anyway, but somehow now it felt that her bright blue eyes had turned into an abyss.

Hanna walked into the kitchen and opened the window. She didn't care that it was the middle of. January and it was freezing cold. The smell of bacon was unbearable.

"Are you trying to freeze me?" Linda, who was still dressed in her pajamas, whined.

"That smell is just so putrid!" Hanna, who stood by the window looking like the crispy air didn't even bother her, pointed at the stove.

"I will personally get you that abortion appointment if you are going to act like this," Linda turned back to the stove and served her breakfast, "I dread the day you will willingly get pregnant."

"If this is how it's going to be, I don't need it."

"So I assume you won't need bacon in your sandwich?" Linda pointed at the plate.

"I'll be fine with just cheese," Hanna closed the window because it was getting too cold and the smell was almost gone. Linda set the sandwiches on the table and made ginger tea for Hanna.

"I called my mum and asked how she dealt with her pregnancies and nausea, so she recommended ginger tea," Linda gave the mug to Hanna and sat down.

"So your mum knows now?"

"No, she just knows that a friend of mine is pregnant, but nothing more," Linda had a close relationship with her family, unlike Hanna. Linda shared a lot of her life with her mother and 4 siblings, while Hanna's parents cared for her, they were too busy with their jobs and not loving each other. Her parents were together just because they had Hanna, she always was like another roommate to her parents, most of her friends were adults and she had a hard time making friends her age. So it wasn't surprising that Linda had already called her mother to ask for advice.

"Now that I think it was irresponsible of me, sorry," Linda looked at her friend and made a puppy face.

"If you insist," Hanna tried to act like she was annoyed, but they both started to laugh, "I am very lucky to have you."

They finished their breakfast and Linda had to go to the theatre. Hanna on other hand was doing the research about the dos and don'ts about abortion. The things she found were pretty disturbing and disgusting, but there was no other way. She is not going to have a child by a one-night stand. Especially one that was a celebrity around Finland. She thought that maybe she should tell Joonas because the cost was huge and she wasn't sure if she can actually afford an abortion, but she definitely can't afford a child either. But that idea soon went by as she wasn't sure how he would react. Maybe he was some sort of anti-abortion type of guy, or he would start accusing her of lying and just wanting to get his money. Knowing the impression she probably gave about herself as an easy girl, she settled for the latter. Thus telling Joonas was out of the question.

Hanna was tired of reading all the things online, she even opened a few of those anti-abortion webpages where the first thing you see was an angry old man yelling at you through a YouTube video that you are a murdered. So the girl decided to get dressed and go to the store to pick something up for dinner. She owed Linda at least that.

Hanna was slowly strolling through the aisles trying to remember if she got everything she needed. Mindlessly she turned into one of the aisles to go to the cash register.

But the next moment happened in slow motion for Hanna, because as she walked down the aisle while scrolling through her phone she didn't notice that her cart crashed into something, or rather someone. Hanna looked up and was already apologising repeatedly when she noticed the blond curls of Joonas. At first, Hanna thought that her mind was playing tricks on her because she has been thinking about him so much. But when Joonas smiled at her and greeted her, she understood that this was real life. Hanna felt sick and her heart was pounding so fast and loudly she thought she would die right there.