A Little bit of Light (5)

*Quinn’s POV*

I yawned tiredly. Me and Tyson were returning from Charlie’s party, but this year hadn’t been enjoyable for me. It was mostly because I couldn’t even look at Tyson without feeling loss, a dull ache in my chest, a steady emptiness that I failed to elude. But it was also because his year I felt bad.

Hanging out with Tia, even as little as I had, had changed me somewhat. Enough so that I understood that Charlie would be feeling pretty crappy right about now. I never used to think about the awful things I did-and that was because nothing bad had ever happened to me. Now it had-and it felt terrible.

Speaking of what happened to me, his jaw was now resting on my shoulder. He was standing behind me in our doorway, our parents victims to sleep long ago, holding me from behind, nosing his face into my neck affectionately. I clenched my teeth, holding back violence and tears. I still can’t believe he’s doing this to me. After all we’ve been through, he’s ending us for a girl…

“Let me go before I break your face” I hiss. He pauses.

“Baby why are you mad?” he whispers, sounding genuinely hurt.

I roll my eye’s, even though it pains me to do so. “Why do you think?” I ask sarcastically, pulling away from him. He tries to keep a hold of me, but though I’m slightly smaller, I’m almost as strong and highly able to get out of his grasp.

I go and plop on my bed. Making my life more difficult then I’d like, he follows me, making himself at home under my sheets. His hands, that no matter how many time’s I shrug off keep coming back, wrap around me. I feel his body relax, and mine was tempted to. I get up.

“No…” he complains, staring up at me with glassy eye’s.

“Yes” I say in annoyance “I’m sleeping in your bed”

“Fine… your bed smells like you anyway” he muttered. I didn’t let myself think about how cute that was, just went to the night stand and picked up his cologne. I walked back to my bed and sprayed it all over him and it, just to make a point. He groans and hides in my pillow.

I walked back to his bed. Lied down, breathing in the freshly sprayed cologne.

It felt nice, like some great comfort to my nose. It was the smell of warm night cocooned against his chest, our romance everything I’d ever crave. Unique, romantic, exciting, loving, safe. It was the smell of morning ‘I love you’ s and good night kisses. It was the smell of love.

But our love was over apparently. It made me feel like I was the bad guy-he had after all, tried to cuddle up to me he very first night… after they’d had sex. Still, I felt like I was the one ending it-something I would never do. He was ending it. Katy was ending it.

I sighed and rolled over, taking another addicting sniff of the enticing smell of Tyson. I thought about Tia and all that she’d told me about Katy. How Katy had cheated on Riley and would probably cheat on Tyson. About how Katy had lost her virginity in grade six…

*Flashback*

“So she’s not good for Tyson, right?” I asked, perhaps to eager to see my brothers heart crumbled like my own. Then, after he kissed my ass for several days, I’d probably forgive him, and he’d have learned his lesson. I was what was bets for him, and vice versa.

Tia snorts. “Obviously not.. You care about him a lot, don’t you?” she asked raising a dark red eyebrow. Her hair wasn’t straightened today, and the curls poured down her back beautifully. If I was straight I would have made her popular just so I could date her. Yep, she was that pretty.