Part 8

The next morning, Y/N was called into the meeting room. When she got there, all the Avengers were already present. "Good morning" said Y/N.

"We sat down last night after you went to bed and discussed a few things" said Tony "we wanted to ask you if you would like to become an Avenger and help us with our missions. You are very intelligent and a very good fighter, we can still learn a lot from you."

Y/N didn't know what to say and looked at Wanda. Wanda grinned at Y/N and said "You don't have to of course, if you don't want to it doesn't mean you can't live here anymore, we can understand if you need a little break from all the missions for now. Still, of course, we'd love for you to be a part of it all."

Y/N thought about it for a moment and then said "sure, why not".
Everyone rejoiced and Tony said "great, then we'll announce it at a conference tonight!"
"At a conference?" asked Y/N.
"When there is something new about the Avengers, we always report it at conferences so everyone knows" said Nat.
"And who will all be there?"
"All of us, some reporters and you of course, so everyone can get an idea of you right away" said Tony.

Everyone walked out of the meeting room and prepared for the conference in the evening.
Wanda and Y/N got ready for the conference together in the evening.

"It looks good, you should wear that, I want you to look good in all the pictures!" Wanda grinned and left the room.
Just before the conference, Nat came into Y/N's room. "Are you ready for the conference?" said Nat to Y/N.
"Don't really know, I'm very nervous!"
"You're allowed to be, I was nervous at my first conference too."

They both went downstairs to join the others. The Avengers were picked up by a car that drove them directly to the conference. When they arrived at the building, there were already a lot of reporters there. "Are you ready Y/N?" asked Nat.
"I don't know"
"I'm always by your side, I promise!"

The door from the car opened and the flashes from the cameras came towards them. Nat got out of the car and Y/N followed her. She stopped at the car and didn't move a bit. When Nat noticed this she went to her and took her hand. She locked her fingers with Y/N's fingers and they both went into the building together. When they were inside Y/N started breathing very fast. Nat took her and walked with her into an empty room. She put Y/N on a chair and sat down next to her. Her fingers were still locked.
"I don't think I can do this."
"I know you've been through a lot in the last few weeks. But you're safe now, nothing can happen to you. I'll stay by your side the whole time, I promise!" "thank you, thank you for everything".

Clint joined the two "are you coming? The conference is starting."

The two walked with the other Avengers to a row of tables that is at the very front of the room. There are microphones on the tables and the whole room is filled with reporters.

Tony began "Thank you all for coming tonight. We have a new member of the Avengers: Y/N Maximoff," as the last name dropped, Wanda and Y/n looked at each other with grins.
As if on cue, all the reporters' fingers went up in the air.
"Maximoff? Is she related to Wanda?
"Yes, she's my sister." replied Wanda.
"And why is she only here now? What happened to her before?"
"She was raised in the Red Room. The whole Maximoff family had their memories taken from them." said Steve.
"Does she have the same powers as Wanda?"
"Yes she does, we are working on getting them under better control right now" said Wanda.

Many questions followed and Y/N began to shake. Nat noticed this. "It will be over soon" Nat whispered in her ear. She then stroked Y/N's thigh and left her hand there to calm her down.

When the conference was over, the Avengers headed back to the Avenger Campound.
"That all went great!" said Steve "I can't wait to see the headlines tomorrow".
"Thanks for helping me out, I couldn't have gotten through today without you" said Y/N to Nat.
"No problem. I'm glad you made it through. I'm proud of you!"