Evasion

Two minutes... TWO MINUTES!!!

When I got trapped in that weird world, I had twenty minutes until her meeting ended. Now I had a tenth of the time to get as far away from her a possible. There is no way I was going to let her get dragged into this war, regardless of what some shiny woman said.

Without thinking, I used a special technique to cover a large distance. Sending a large amount of energy to my legs, I kicked off the ground and down the street as fast as I could. She won't be dragged into this if I had any say in it. I will keep her or of this crazy world that I had fallen into.

At the end of the street, I ran into the lunch crowds. I had to keep moving, I can't let her get a chance to trace my energy. Using all my mental powers, I began doing short, rapid jumps through the crowds, avoiding people and still making great time.

While I lepted from street to street, covering as much distance as I could. The streets were getting more and more crowded and thus it got harder and harder to not hit anyone. By the time I reached down town, I was forced to jump off the sides of building. It was difficult considering I now had to reinforce the glass and done to handle the impact. Boeing that this new take magic would be more noticeable, I quickly ascended to the rooftops.

Up on the roof I could see for miles. City regulation set all the buildings to roughly same height some time after the reconstruction started as an attempt to create a cooler city. The result is now debatable because there is no one alive who remembers what the summer days were like. It might have little to no effect.

I quickly turned to the west. I had to get out of town, get as much distance. This caused me great pain. I loved her, and because I love her I must create as much distance as possible.

I finally reached the edge of the city. My heart hurt because of what I was about to do. Kneeling in the dirt, I carved one last message to her in the ground. With this final good-bye, I ran off into the sunset. In an hour I had left the city beyond the horizon, never to return.

···········································

He wasn't in the city any more. He wasn't any where on this earth any more. This last message confirms it.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't get to see us become a family, but know I did this for our family." How could he be so selfish? He just left me here alone.

As I lay crying over this last message, a soft glow begins to cover me.