The Fallen

It felt exhilarating to fly through the sky. On my own wings too. I felt the wind rush by as i beat mt wings to climb higher and hight into the sky, my destination momentarily forgotten. The city looked so small from up here, like a child's toy.

And this form. It felt so natural, like i have been walking around like this for all my life. Every action was instinctual, firm the beating of my wings to the correctional movements of my tail. It was unbelievable. I was currently flying above a extra dimensional version of the city as a creature of myth, as a dragon.

I began to laugh at this realization.  I was a dragon and it was the strangest thing to happen to me. I need some therapy after this.

As I turned around in a lazy circle,  i am suddenly reminded of my goal. Act as the repair technician of some magical rehab center.

Moments later I landed on the platform.  In the center is a large circle with runes carved around the edge. But these weren't any runes I have seen. As I watched them,  the runes shifted and changed shape, yet each rune retained it's exact meaning. When I tried to copy a rune, the surface ignited even though the rune meant "safety". This was clear something that I shouldn't mess with.

Returning to my task, I began to walk around the perimeter of the seal.  Is intent and structure became clear as I studied it. The spell's wording stated it's purpose was to "contain until The King arrived," but that made no sense to me dire to a lack of context.

I was three - fourths around the circle when i came across the stable rune. It had a simple design, just three circles each one touching the other two. What was even more curious was that the mask on the back of my hand began to glow, as if it was resonating with this stable rune. Further investigation revealed that its purpose was to act as a binding in the spell, like a wizard's spell knot. The rest of my investigation revealed no new information on the circle.

"Is anyone here? What am I suppose to do here? I don't know how to work with these runes. Is anyone listening to me?" I shouted in frustration. Nothing i knew could even tell me what was wrong with the spell. No cracks, flaws or errors in the language.

Nothing. I can't even see The Fallen inside the spell. Where are they? Why aren't that they visible? Are there even any still in the seal.

Suddenly, I hear a voice state, "SCAN COMPLETE. BEGINNING GATEHOUSE PROCEDURE. PLEASE PLACE YOU'RE HOUSE CREST ON THE ATTACHED SPELL CIRCLE."

As the voice stated, a small spell circle appeared on the ground and roost up on a small pillar. "CREST BEARERS MAY NOW PLACE YOUR FAMILY CREST ON THE PLATFORM IN FRONT OF YOU. LONG LIVE THE KING."

Well that helped a lot. At this point I had one idea abs it was a long shot.

With hopes held low, I placed my left hand on the circle. When it touched the circle the mark and circle lit up like a Christmas tree.  The voice stated,  "GAL MOR DE ME. MY KING, NOW BEGINNING LOCK RELEASE PROCEDURE. LIVE LONG IN PEACE."

The spell circle in the center of the island began to dissolve, leaving no trace of that the runes where even written on the ground. The pillar of light began to disappear,  and in the middle stood a single, solitary figure. One that I recognized. There in the middle stood The Fallen, my father.

"Welcome my son, to the life I never what'd you to have. You must now fight me to the death."