Liberty's Light

I stood there dumbfounded. I just had revived orders from something that gave off the presence and authority of a god. Not to mention that it seemed to think that I was going to do some sort of job for it. This goes against everything that I have discovered through my own investigation. Seems like that even I lack everything needed to see the existence of the divine.

Still doesn't mean I'm going back to that stuffy chapel.

So, Liberty's Light... The only instance I know of a Liberty that still exists us in Greater Central, formerly known as Pittsburgh, and that its miles away. Still a great journey with my ability.

According to history, the statue that once stood out in the bay area was called Lady Liberty. But the statue was now completely under water.

With no leads I begin to wonder around the city, senses on edge, watching for any movement. The city was now quiet, still, lifeless. Without realizing it, I had wondered to the bay side of the city.

To my amazment, out in the water was a huge beacon of light rising out of the ocean. Above the beacon is were the real wonder hid, for suspended several hundred feet in the air was a sphere of darkness, writhing and twisting, trying to escape the light that held it suspended in the air.

The presence returned then. "There is culmination of three thousand years of festering darkness. It must be dealt with, but none of my children posses the power to deal with such foes and their army is not able to deal with it's regular duties. You task is to go there and check the seal on the Dal mer Tal'k. There you will find the one who summoned you here."

"They who had fallen. What do you have locked up here." I thought, "What do you have locked up here in a separate reality? What kind of monsters do yo u have so close to my home?"

The entity immediately chastised me. "The Fallen are not monsters. The monsters are the ones that corrupted The Fallen. This is no prison. This palce is a place to heal him."

"Are you saying this place is to treat one person?"

"I have said too much. The rest is for another to tell."

With that, the entity left, leaving me to figure out how to get up to the platform. I could jump that high, but not that far. I could increase the density of the air and walk up. But that would take alot of energy. As I continue to bounce idea around a small voice came into my head. "Use me. Use me. Use all that you are."

I stood there listening to the voice. It was a small quiet voice that sounded a little raspy, like a lizard man in some bad Sci Fi film. On instinct I accept the voices help. The changes began.

The changes weren't painful, it actually felt natural. My fingertips sprouted talons and wings unfurled from my back as scales covered my body. Fangs grew in my mouth as my body rapidly grew to be proportional to my wings. My neck and a tail grew, finishing the transformation.

I blink, causing me eyes to go from brown to sapphire blue eyes with slit shaped pupils. With a roar I took off towards the island in the air. Towards the darkest thing I have ever meet.