𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨, 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨.

"[f/n], i think im falling in love with you."

that had been the first time dazai had used your first name.

like first time ever.

he kept everything formal and would use your last name, which annoyed you, but you weren't one to push him past his limits.

"you think? i need a straightforward answer."

you didn't like forcing it out of him, but if he was genuinely falling in love with you, you needed to know.

"you know it's not a lie."

"dazai, it's either you are or you aren't."

"[f/n]."

there was a silence afterwards that was awkward as all hell, but the way he said your first name made you feel as though there were butterflies in your stomach.

"im falling in love with you. that's that."

he didn't give a straightforward answer, but even how stern he was, he was telling the truth.

you fell silent, you knew exactly how to respond to that, but in a real sense, you didn't know how to respond to that.

you couldn't tell him you loved him back, even though you one-hundred-percent did.

"dazai."

his sienna coloured eyes flickered back and forth between your eyes and your lips.

"god, i just want to kiss you right now."

"what's stopping you?"

he took a sigh before opening his mouth to speak. "i need your consent, darling."

such a gentleman.

"you have my full consent."

the fact that the both of you were sitting on the ledge of one of the highest buildings in yokohama where he was once going to jump made this all the more romantic.

you were in love with this man, and that was the whole truth.

his hands found its way to your cheek, rubbing underneath your eyes as you looked up at him slightly, you just wanted him to kiss you already.

so, you initiated it.

your lips softly touched his, giving him a slight surprise since he thought he'd be the one to initiate the kiss, but that didn't make him enjoy it any less.

it was filled with pure passion, the need for each other in one another's arms.

"easy there, lovebirds."

you both pulled away and looked at where the familiar voice had come from.

of course, it was chuuya.

"how did i know this would happen?"

you scoffed, while standing to your full height to just show how much more intimidating you were against chuuya.