𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙣.

dazai had brought you home after admitting he loved you, in the platonic way, of course.

he had told you to take some books home, he had also given you a key to get into the library whenever you wanted or needed to.

which made you realize something.

he had bought you a fucking library.

when you were with chuuya he did stuff like this, but he never did while you were just friends, and they were always little things like chocolates.

given, you had loved chuuya but you've been in love with dazai since you were 14.

you flopped onto your bed, allowing your arms to go out beside you, the books that you had taken from the library were on one of the two nightstands beside your bed.

the books you had brought consisted of:

psychological books.

poetry books.

philosophy books.

true crime books.

things that piqued your interest.

but in reality, you were trying to keep your mind focused on something else other than dazai.

you groaned before unwillingly pushing yourself up so you were sitting on your bed.

you looked around your room, specifically at the bookshelf. the room is was almost pitch black, lit by merely a candle.

the phone to your left lit up, allowing your gaze to trail from the bookshelf down to the phone simultaneously.

it was chuuya.

it read 'i think you and dazai would be good for eachother.'

gin and higuchi told him?

you just left the text open, before heading to dazai's contact, your finger hovering over the call button. but he was probably sleeping.

instead, you decided on texting ranpo.

it was just something simple, asking him to go to get coffee sometime soon since it had been awhile since the two of you hung out.

you opened spotify on your phone, turning up the sound all the way to drain out the thoughts of dazai, chuuya and ranpo.

-

the fact that the room was still dark when your eyes had fluttered open was a sign that it was still night, and the fact that a song that you didn't even know existed was on, it was obvious that you had fallen asleep.

although, the song playing was pretty good, so you took a screenshot to add it to your playlist when you weren't exhausted.

but while you were taking the screenshot, you noticed that you had a text.

from dazai.

from 3 1/2 minutes ago.

dazai

hey, are you awake?

yeah, i am now

fuck sorry, did i wake you up?

nah i have my sounds turned off, you're fine

what did you need?

i was wondering if

if you wanted to go on a drive?