𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.

when you went downstairs in your small apartment building, the roads of yokohama were bustling with people, children and animals.

there were young people, old people, children, adults, people of different races, people walking their dog, or even ones walking their cat.

it had been raining what seemed like a whole day ago, but was only around fifteen minutes ago, meaning people still had their umbrellas and the road was wet, along with the sidewalk.

you just threw your hood over your face in case it started raining again, not that it would - considering your weather app on your phone said otherwise.

as you looked down you could see a warped face reflecting on the wet pavement.

the warped facial expression looked like it was from a different universe, that universe being a place where that would've been normal, in this universe: it is not. the reflection was basically your soul. your soul looking at a soul in another universe, another universe where you exist again. which in that universe - you happened to be in the same place, at the same time.

you averted your gaze from the wet concrete back to your surroundings, just so you could focus on everyone around you.

the downpour started up again out of the blue, it was cold but soon started to feel much warmer, or that was just your body adjusting to the sudden temperature drop.

it was weird.

how temperature works, you know?

it's weird how it can go from feeling like a late autumn day, sitting in a forest admiring the absinthe coloured leaves, which were slightly changing into an apricot colour, some were already the colour of umber, or cedar. some at this point were a merlot colour, with the hues of red and brown mixed together.

to feeling like a rainy spring day, with all of the beautiful multi-coloured flowers blooming, flowers of different kinds, different colours, colours like nadeshiko pink, stone blue, mulberry, and so on. all the colours you could ever imagine.

in just the span of five minutes.

-

once you had arrived at the location dazai had sent, you mentally prepared yourself.

it was a nice building, which you had assumed, considering he works at the ada, he probably makes good money.

instead of knocking, you just walked in like you lived there.

he was laying on his couch with a sweater on and the hood over his face, and his phone in hand.

he looked up slightly before noticing you were there, and his gaze lit up with glee.

"well, mighty fine weather we've been having, i have to say."

you laughed at your sarcasm before taking off the sweater you were wearing - which was now absolutely soaked to the brim, leaving it a darker colour then it was before you had left.

he had hooks along his wall with his infamous beige trenchcoat hanging from one of the five hooks, you hung your sweater up near his.

when you turned around to face dazai again, he was now sitting upright, with his blanket now around his lower half of his body.

"why not lay in your bed? i suppose that's more comfortable, no?"

"..it is, but this couch is also comfortable."