14장.

Solo leveling¦14

⤷⥐⤶

"BOREDOM IS NEVER A GOOD THING."

[Y/N] stared at the young human, who gazed at her with weak, russet brown orbs. [Y/N] put on a sheepish smile, leaving the teenager in bed weakly smiling.

"I've been bored ever since you went on your last raid." She breathed out, her smile wide— yet noticeably stressed. Her amber-red hued orbs were paired with round, dark circles that rested right underneath them. And even darker lashes that around her drowsy-looking eyes. Her skin was a paler version of chocolate, signifying just how sickly she was. Along with that, her plenty lot hair draped over her forehead and shoulders in heavy locks and framed her face just perfect.

"Ah..." [Y/N] let out a small chuckle, shutting the door behind her slowly. She sat down beside the teen's bed in a small chair, "I'm sorry, it just took longer than usual, Lan-ruo..."

The girl turned to her slowly, blinking, "Or you almost died again."

"That, too..."

"You look taller and healthier!" The girl breathed, eyes meeting [Y/N]'s again. "Did you work out, Miss [L/N]?"

[Y/N] smiled, "I doubt I've changed that much.."

Lan-ruo shook her head, her slim brows furrowing slightly. "No, I'm certain of it. You've most definitely grown about five inches or so!" Her pale lips curled up into a smile, "And you've even had those grow bigger." She rose a bony finger to point at the older woman's bust, leaving [Y/N] turning a bright red.

"L-LAN-RUO!!"

The teen let out a haughty laugh, placing her hand onto her stomach in the process. The [H/C] haired woman let out small giggles for a moment as well, before the teen fell into a rough fit of coughs.

Panicking, [Y/N] held onto her as she came to a stop, reaching for the cup of clear water that stood on the bedside table beside them and handed it to the female.

"A-are you... okay..?"

Lan-ruo didn't care to sip the water and neither did she seem to enjoy the idea of the young adult fussing over her. She, grinning, dropped the cup and and said, "Chill, I'm always fine! I always will be too, so don't try to tell me anything otherwise." She exclaimed playfully, placing a finger to [Y/N]'s lips to shush her of any further caring statement.

With that, the girl fell onto her back to leave [Y/N] frowning in slight fear. She had naturally grown to love the teen, ever since the day she had boldly asked her to push her wheelchair with a straight face.

But she knew Lan-ruo was a goner.

She was way too sick to be able to live.

Her time was limited.

And it seemed the teen did not know such.

"Y-yeah, you're always fine.." [Y/N] breathed out in a small voice, choking on her own air as she looked outside the window to distract herself from any shedding of tears.

⤷⥐⤶

Meow.

[Y/N]'s reached out, using her fingers to scratch behind the ears of the fat cat that lay beside her on her couch. Eyes still glued onto the turquoise hued, floating tabloid before her, she placed a hand onto her chin.

She had not seen Jin-woo ever since their previous dungeon raid and of course being the simp she was, she couldn't wait for their next meet up.

But honestly,