10장.

Solo leveling¦10

⤷⥐⤶

"WOAH... WHO'S SHE??"

A young child, not older than ten or eleven watched as a [H/C] haired woman sped by, her light golden orbs widening as the woman rounded the corner. Hands still in her pockets, the kid paused quietly, before moving on.

[Y/N] skidded to a halt, her eyes glowing with pure joy as she gazed up at the notification table before her. That day's work had been complete at last. The woman had been working for about four days plus and she was getting used to the stressful burden. She still hadn't experienced the so-called penalty, and she had no intentions to anyway.

Hands on her broad hips, she smiled at herself. "Phew, seems like the work for today's done." Pushing a few stray locks of her messy ponytail out of her face, she began to move back towards the hospital. Eyes glued onto the pavement in thought.

Over the past days or so, I've learnt these things.

Firstly, the penalty threat is not just a threat, the clock actually ticks...

Secondly, I think I'm still in a bad dream... No one else can see this thing... She glanced at the tablet in awe, eyes shining.

Thirdly, this is the most tiresome thing I've ever done in my life...

She glanced at the translucent blue screen before her, letting out a sigh of relief as she she spotted the recovery status gift. Apparently, she was able to gain gifts after each enduring exercise. Out of the three, 'Status Recovery,' 'Stat Points,' and 'Random Box,' it was the first that was most used.

"Ahhh, accept statues recovery please." She spoke to herself, shutting her eyes as a soft golden glow enveloped her, soothing all the possible aches and replenishing her strength to the very core. Status Recovery helps me replenish energy after an exercise. It leaves me completely healthy and capable. This was one of the reasons I contemplated being in a video game... But it seems I'm still living in real life...

Apart from this, Random Box and Stat Points also help plently. Again, just like in a video game, the Stat Points are used to increase any one of my characters. It's basically like customizing your own avatar, except this time there are points to spend.

I've been really picky over which Stat I choose, and I'd like to say that I feel much stronger. Though I feel more comfortable with strength, I decided to spend most of them on my speed, senses and intelligence. I've found myself much more capable of using deduction skills and the speed helps, too.

Status, skills, inventory, item storage.

It's a perfect replica of pure simulation...

Being controlled by this strange phenomenon...

As she stared at the clock of the hospital reception, she hummed to herself before heading for her room quietly.

⤷⥐⤶

"Hey, uh-" [Y/N] stood before the receptionist, her hands tucked deeply in her pockets. "Oh, Miss [L/N]. Good afternoon." She smiled, making the woman smile back. "What do you need?"

"I was wondering if I could take a leave today..." [Y/N] smiled bashfully at the receptionist, who blinked. "Ah, that's fine! But I'm curious, where are you going? On a date or something?"

[Y/N] let out a small laugh. "...Yeah, let's put it that way. A date.."

⤷⥐⤶
...Hapjung Station