Chapter 9: friends to rivals

(Normal POV)

Sero stood there, fuming and looked like he was even ready to fight.  

Kaminari looked shocked like everyone else who was present in that room. 

Before any fights could happen Deku walked up to Sero and Kaminari.

"We don't want this to get out of hand, I'm separating you too" 

 Sero tried to brush him off but after the other boys started to surround him too, he gave in. He was then taken away to be calmed down.

 A few boys like Kirishima and Bakuguo stayed with Kaminari. 

"okay so that was unexpected haha" 

Kirishima was trying to lighten up the mood of his friend but it didn't seem to be working. After his failed attempt to do so and getting no reaction from Kaminari, Kirishima went into the kitchen to get him a drink instead. 

(Kaminari POV) 

I could not believe that happened. I mean I excepted some things to happen in my mind but definitely not this. What. A. Nightmare. 

I knew I should have never said anything about liking Jirou, she probably doesn't even like me anyways. 

Now one of my friends in the squad is going to most likely hate me and I have to worry about Jirou starting to like him?! Actually scratch that, she probably already does like Sero, it makes sense they have been so close recently. 

Who knew that one seat change would make everything different...

I went over to the sofa to sit down. 

The boys in the class came over to comfort me but nothing was working. I could see that they felt helpless but that wasn't their fault. Soon they left me to sit there alone with my thoughts; but this only helped me lose any remaining hope. 

Thankfully Kirishima came over towards me, with a cup of lemonade. Lemonade always had a way to calm me down. Thank you lemonade.

"Here have this, it might help clear your mind..." He suggested, handing the cup over. I take a sip as he sits down beside me and began talking to me. 

"Hey kaminari, I'm sorry things didn't go the way you wanted to, but just because it didn't that doesn't mean you should give up. I know you and Sero might feel a bit uncomfortable now but it will be back to normal soon...I'm sure of it." 

Pfft, back to normal? Normal is when I used to sit beside Jirou in class, normal when I didn't have to worry about Sero liking her and Jirou possibly liking him back . It'll never go back to the way it was, when it was normal. That's for certain. Why would Kirishima even say that? 

I looked up at Kirishima, annoyed but then I saw his concerned eyes. He was just looking out for a friend, I knew that lashing out on him wouldn't change anything. 

Then it hit me. Kirishima was right...Why should I give up just because there was one obstacle. I will not give up on Jirou and I won't give up all the months I've been liking her just to end it all like this. 

I finally spoke up. 

"You're right. I won't give up on Jirou just because of a setback" 

Continuing from that I stood up and started walking to where I knew Sero would be. 

"Wait what are you doing Kaminari? HEY! KAMINARI!" 

Kirishima was calling after me but I ignored him as I only had one thing in mind.

I then soon approached the boys surrounding Sero. 

"Kaminari what you doing here?" Deku asked, clearly surprised I was even 5 centimetres close to Sero. 

" I have things to do" I replied back and shoved him slightly so I could talk to Sero face to face.

" Sero, listen. You like Jirou and I like Jirou but only one guy can be the lucky one to be with her and give her all the happiness and love she deserves. You and me are rivals starting from now. May the best man win!"

I grinned and took out my hand which was soon met with Sero's. 

"May the best man win!" He repeated and we shook each others hand. Those surrounding us concerned for what may be to come.

(A/N quite proud to how this chapter turned out to be honest. I know it's quite short but ah better than nothing right? I hoped you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. things are about to get real competitive 😏😏😏- Ali )