Chapter 6: 2 am talk

(Jirou POV)

The clocks glowed 2:00 am. Once again, I had trouble falling asleep. I kept replaying the image of Kaminari coming so close to my face. It felt like it happened yesterday, despite the fact that it happened a week ago. I sighed and rolled around in my bed.

I muttered to myself, "Why is it Kami?"

I jumped out of bed and prepared for class. I wanted to divert my thoughts even though there were still seven hours till the start of class. I had a look at my schedule while putting the appropriate text books and copies in my backpack. That diversion clearly didn't last long enough.

I suppose I can head downstairs and see what I can do.

In order to avoid waking Hagakure, I snuck out of my room and walked past her room quietly. I descended the stairs carefully till I reached the ground level. I went to the kitchen and popped open the refrigerator. It was deserted.

I mumbled to myself, "Oh yeah, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Bakugou is meant to go to the shops today."

"They are, indeed."

The abrupt voice caused me to jump. It was none other than the person that I have been avoiding as I was still unsure what I was feeling towards him.

Kaminari.

Kaminari nonchalantly asks me, "Why are you awake this early?"

"The same applies to you," I wryly replied.

"I was just thinking about stuff and couldn't sleep." Kaminari said as he was doing his hair

"The same, haha."

"Want to chat for a while till it's time to get ready for school?"

I noticed Kaminari was almost pleading when I looked up at his face. I chuckled a little and nodded in response. He got hold of my arm and led me over to the couch as his entire face lit up.

Kaminari began talking as he always does, "I'm so excited for the school culture festival!! It's coming up in a few months"

"Yes, I can't wait. I wonder what our class should do."

"We don't need to think about that just yet, its ages away! You obviously enjoy planning ahead, Jirou" 

"Electro boy, sometimes planning ahead isn't always such a bad thing but you don't understand as you are so disorganized"

I rolled my eyes and we both started to laugh. Even though I have no idea what was hilarious, we laughed nonetheless. 

The talk we were having was incredibly enjoyable and didn't end. It grew even more uplifting as we spoke. We used to converse like this almost every day, but when we changed seats, that conversation started to happen less and less. I missed those moments.

"Then, *gasp* the next thing is-"

Kaminari spent a lot of time trying to tell me a humiliating story, but we both laughed at every word so it was taking him longer to explain it.

"Okay so, the person picked it up-"

I collapsed to the ground after losing my ability to control my laughter. My laughter filled the residence halls. As I was doing so, actual tears were streaming down my face. The interruption of our classmates' sleep caused them to quickly pour into the living room.

"What's up with all the noise?"

Everyone could hear Iida's loud, annoyed voice.

"Kaminari, Jirou, so it was you making all the noise, everyone go upstairs and go back to your rooms!!"

We offered our classmates our apologies before rushing to the stairs. While ascending, we ran into Tsuyu, who greeted us.

"Good day, Kero."

"Good morning," Kaminari and I replied together.

"Wow, It's almost time for school, we actually spoke for a long time." I was told by Kaminari as he glanced at his phone.

"Oh my goodness, that is crazy." 

Kaminari waved goodbye as we climbed to the third level and headed to our individual rooms to change.

I was confident that I would never forget how enjoyable the four hours of conversation with Kaminari were.