2

Steven had no idea what happened at that previous night, actually, he woke up on the floor o his flat, tried to speak to the mirror again, but nothing happened. He tried to believe it was his imagination, but deep inside he knew it wasn't.

That's when he recalled: Mira.

If he was safe, she was too, right? She had to.

He picked up the phone, a text from her:

"Meet me at work. We need to talk."

It seemed serious, well, all he hoped is that she wouldn't be mad at him, he'd hate himself for that.

With no will to go at all, he changed his clothes and went to work.

...

J.B was putting some of those yellow tapes of "Stay Away" at the saloon, and something inside of Steven told him that it had to do with the last night.

-Bruv, hey. -J.B said while putting the tape containing the area- Oh, hey. Bro, it is proper mad in here.

-What happened? What is it?-Steven asked, as he observed the staff puting the tape with precision.

-They're saying burst pipes, but don't look like that to me.

-Has anyone seen the security footage?-Steven asked curious.

- Well, yeah, I was about to.

-All right. -He nodded.- I think I should go with you, yeah? I may have some information about it.

-All right, come on.-J.B agreed.

He managed to take Steven to the security system area, where a bunch of screens showed multiple angles of the museum, all in black and white images.

-Do not tell Donna that I let you into this arena.-The coworker told him, as he leaned towards the pannel and typed on the keyboard to search for the footage.

-Bruv, listen, I must warn you. -Steven told him with clear words, making him pay attention- What you're about to see is gonna melt your brain.

- Yeah? Come on.-J.B didn't believe him.

-Listen to me. It's like Area 51, like MI6 bonkers, bruv.

-Yeah? All right. -He didn't seem convinced.

-All right, mate. You ready? Roll the tape.

J.B tapped on the player button and the tape startes to roll, as they observed, Steven and Mira showed up on the screen, hiding behind the exhibit

-Is that you Scotty?- J.B asked.

-Still Steven, yeah.

-And that woman...Anand?-He looked closer- She hangs out with you?

-She's my friend.

-She's your friend?-He furrowed his eyerbows- Why would she?

-Excuse me?

-Anyway.-J.B continued- are you crying?-He pointed to the screen.

-A bit.-He replied embarrassed- Yeah, a bit. -Then stared at the footage- Watch, here it comes. - Nothing yet- Wait for it. Wait for it.