THREE.

CASSIA.

after a while, it became a tradition for me to pick spencer up from school and then drive down to the beach. we would normally just play volleyball, but today i decided we were going to switch it up. don't get me wrong, i very much enjoyed beating his ass in 1v1 games, but every day the sight of the glimmering water beckoned me near.

S
P
E
N
C

What

E
oh hey

What is it this time
Im scared
Worried, even.
Whenever you spam me
something has gone wrong.

whatever
u got swim trunks?

Yeah?

bring them
i wanna swim 2day!!
pweaseeeee

Only if you never say
"pwease" ever again

deal
see u after school!
l8r! >:3

L8r :)

excited was an understatement. i was beyond ecstatic. i hadn't swam in the ocean in years. this newfound excitement for the day pushed me out of my bed, my skin meeting the cold air that i was once protected from by the mass of blankets and stuffed animals piled atop my mattress.

i quickly scoured through my closet, searching desperately for something to wear. being mid april, the san francisco bay area was never too hot, but today was just cusping 80°F. a long, flowing skirt pared with a tank top went nicely over my swimsuit.

i made my way to the kitchen after getting dressed, snagging a can of redbull from the fridge.

"hey hon!" my aunt smiled at me as she stood from her seat on the large bay window. she held her coffee mug in her left hand as she grabbed the back of my head and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead, making me grin.

i opened my redbull taking a quick sip before speaking, "morning aunt june. im going to the beach after school again."

she nodded, "who's coming?" she sipped her coffee loudly.

"oh just spencer!"

she quirked a brow at me, "spencer, huh? like a date?"

i rolled my eyes, "no, i met him a while ago at the tournament's final, i've mentioned him before. we're just friends."

she nodded, but the look on her face showed doubt. i gathered all my belongings and shoved everything into my messenger bag.

i grabbed my car keys off the hanger that sat on the wall. with a quick kiss on my aunt's cheek, i said goodbye and left through the front door.

today is going to be a good day.

 ' , —

ap calculus was boring as ever. the teacher droned on, but i forced myself to listen due to the fact that ap tests were dreadfully close, in the month exactly.

it was safe to say i was overworking myself, though i wouldn't admit it at the time. balancing everything, from my 3 ap classes (the aforementioned calculus, literature, and botany), volleyball, and not to mention my graduation that was ever moving closer.

with graduation came prom, which i also desperately tried to ignore. vivian had a date, so she was out the window of taking, even if it was just as friends. the rest of my peers i didn't know well enough to take.

my train of thoughts was interrupted by the bell, thus releasing me to lunch. without even bothering to grab food from the cafeteria, i made my way outside to the courtyard. the sun beamed down on my face, making me smile at the ray's warmth.

the lack of clouds in the sky made me even more excited for the beach after school. it was a perfect day, and my mentality wasn't going to change.

today is going to be a good say

 ' , —

i raced to my car, begging to beat the rush of students trying to get out of the parking lot. my red bronco glimmered under the harsh sun, almost blinding me as it came into sight. i unlocked it, and hastily threw my bag in the back seat before sitting down on the drivers side. i winced as the black faux-leather seats burnt my shoulder blades as i leant back.

getting off school grounds was hell, but eventually i was free. as soon as the school was out of sight, i reached over into my glove box and took out a pack of marlboros and a lighter. at the next stop light, i placed a single cigarette in between my lips and flicked the lighter a few times before it caught.

i took a deep drag and continued driving as the light turned green. the smile on my face said it all

today is going to be a good day

 ' , —

when i pulled into ridgeworth's car loop, a familiar smile and awkwardly long legs caught my eye as the light-brunette made his way to me. i unlocked the doors and quickly hopped in, throwing his bag in the back much like i did earlier.

"hey big guy! how was school, kiddo?" i joked, crushing my cig into my ashtray.

spencer's smile never left his face as he rolled his eyes, "please do not call me kiddo."

i laughed, and began to pull out of the car loop.

today is going to be a good day.