✭✎- ᴛᴇɴ ݈݇⎼ ʙᴀᴅ ɴᴇᴡs !

{ in this ff, y/n will tell kotaro about his mother's death — for the plot }

Y/n had heard the news about Kotaro's mother, but was told to keep it a secret. Supposedly, she died in the hospital a couple weeks ago.

"You can't tell him," Karino repeated. He and Y/n were on their way to the school to get Kotaro.

She was against holding it a secret. "But... doesn't he deserve to know? He'll just hate us if we kept it from him forever." it was to protect him, yes. But it's still his mother.

"We obviously can't let his father take him. So what will he do? I can't adopt a kid, Isamu sure can't, and I don't think you'll have the time for that either." Karino reasoned. They saw the school coming in sight, meaning they had to finish the conversation quickly.

Y/n fussed. "I'll always have time for Kotaro!" Karino could only sigh at her actions while faintly smiling.

"Kotaro! Your friends are here!" the teacher announced with a smile. "I don't mean to pry, but are you two dating?" she smiled nervously while staring at Y/n and Karino.

Karino backed away from the teacher in shock. "Huh? W-What makes you say that?"

"Well, you two are always coming together. And you look flustered, are you ok sir?" the teacher was concerned.

Kotaro stepped in while staring at Karino. "Sir Karino, you do look quite flustered. Perhaps you have a crush on lady L/n?" he huffed.

"It's not that! C'mon, lets go." Karino walked off, heavily embarrassed while Kotaro nonchalantly followed. Y/n stood there watching the whole thing play out trying not to laugh.

Now walking back towards home — "Do you not have a crush on lady L/n?" Kotaro brought up the unfinished conversation.

Y/n sighed. Ready to be slaughtered. "No! Now be quiet!" embarrassing again, Karino sped up leaving Y/n and Kotaro behind.

"Lady L/n, you are quiet. Is there something on your mind?" Kotaro asked seeing as Y/n slowed down her walking.

'I can't tell him... I'm not supposed to..' she dug her nail into her palm while cursing herself in her head. Her hands were opened by a smaller one.

Kotaro held Y/n's hand. "Please do not harm yourself. If you do not wish to tell me what is bothering you, I will not make you."

"I'm sorry." Y/n apologized. She squatted to Kotaro's height, and grabbed his shoulder's. "Your..." she couldn't get the words out.

They were stuck in her throat. "Your mother passed in the hospital.." as she said it, her throat burned like she was gonna cry.

In silence, Kotaro stood there as Y/n's words hit him over and over. "Ah, I see. So those generous donations..." it all made sense now. "I apologize lady L/n but I must away." he walked off before Y/n could get the chance to call out to him.

She messed up. But he had to know sooner or later and face reality. There was no point in letting his belief in seeing his mother again get stronger.

Kotaro walked home by himself with his head down. He went inside his apartment and sat on the floor. Sitting against the wall while hugging his knees. Knowing he would never see his mother again made a singular tear fall from his eye with a stoic face. "Huh?" he was confused on why his eye leaked.

Y/n hurried behind Kotaro and knocked on his door. Which opened surprisingly fast. "Can I help you with something?" he asked.

"You good? I'm so sorry for dumping that on you like that." Y/n walked inside, sitting near the table and patted her lap. "C'mon," she smiled sadly.

Kotaro hesitantly walked over to Y/n and sat on her thigh, holding onto her shirt. "Be honest with me. Besties don't lie to each other." Y/n said softly. "Are you ok?" gently, she caressed Kotaro's head.

"Much obliged for the concern, lady L/n, but I assure you, I will be fine." he reassured Y/n.

"Got aunties or uncles?"

"Not one." Kotaro answered honesty.

Y/n sighed and hugged Kotaro to her chest. "Well, what will you do? You can't be on your own forever?"

"I do not know." being held like that felt nice, feeling protected from the world. "I do not wish to burden anyone."

Stubborn. "Your not a burden. Look how bout this, once my designing brand gets bigger, we'll leave this place together." Y/n suggested, gently playing with Kotaro's black strands.

"That is very kind of you," he started. "I will think it over tonight." living with Y/n sounded like a dream, to have such a caring person to look out for him, but he has friends here, some he don't wanna leave behind.

Y/n laughed. "No rush." she grabbed Kotaro and removed him from her lap — or well tried to. But his little hand was clenched onto her shirt.

He was a little embarrassed. "I-I apologize."

    ✦┊❧NOTES–✭↴✰

- kotaro was right- someone does have a wittle tiny crush on y/n

- kotaro secretly wants to have another sleepover with y/n

- the thought of a person like y/n being his adoptive mother don't seem bad

- this book is nearing its end !

- gemmie a nick name for kotaro
koko? taro?☠️i suck. help me