Chapter 7: The Chase

Fleur's POV:

Three days later

Fillip left today. Before having his breakfast, which is something I was deeply thankful for. I had no idea where he was going, but I heard him speaking with his men. Something about his car, which was not useful information. He could have travelled by car or just driven with it to the airport, so I decided today wasn't the right day. I will try to escape tomorrow; I will use today to check out more places I can run from.

"Come on, let's go watch a movie." Nina interrupted my thoughts once she entered the kitchen.

"What about Agnes? She will start to complain."

"Who cares? Most of the men travelled, and there is nothing to do anyway. You also keep forgetting I'm Chris' sister."

She pulled me after her with a proud smile plastered on her face. I didn't have a chance of rejecting her, did I?

When I set foot in Nina's room, my jaw dropped. Her room stunned me. It wasn't like I thought she'd be in the maid's chambers; she was Christian's sister, but I didn't expect that.

Her room was as big as mine, but it looked nothing like it. Fairy lights were dangling down from behind her massive bed. This place was the definition of comfort. Books sat on her bookshelf. Books of every genre, colour, and shape. Paperbacks and hardbacks—I couldn't even dare to dream of such a room. A huge LED TV hung on the wall opposite her bed, waiting for us to turn it on. She had some papers and a laptop on her desk, and a hammock hung near the balcony windows, bathed in sunlight.

Not being able to resist anymore, I rushed to the bookshelf to check out the books there. God, I would have buried myself in this room, not getting outside if I could.

"You can take any book you want, by the way," Nina says casually, plopping on the bed.

"You must be kidding me."

"I barely read anymore; you know, if you want anything, just take it." Then she stopped for a second and said, "Also, I insist since you're leaving and there's a chance we aren't seeing each other again. Something to remember me with." I smiled at her and turned back to the shelf, taking my time picking out a book.

I chose 'Crime and Punishment." I've always wanted to read that but never got around to it. Thanks to being imprisoned for years. After I pick up the beautiful-smelling, leather-bound book, I plop next to Nina on her bed, hugging the book to my chest while looking at the screen as she scrolled through the movies.

We chose to watch "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days," which was one of the few cheesy rom-coms that made me laugh as well as feel absolutely smitten.

We kept laughing every 5 minutes, and my stomach hurt more than any time I've ever hit the gym in my entire life. Not even continuing the movie, we fell asleep near its end. We were really tired from all the work we had to do in the past week. When we wake up again, it was time for dinner.

"Oh my God, wake up, wake up." Nina practically screamed in my ears, startling me. "Come on, lazy woman, it's time for dinner; we already skipped lunch." Now that woke me, but still not enough to get off the bed.

"God, you really like pissing off Agnes, don't you?"

"I thought you were Christians, sister. Can't you do whatever?" I asked, reminding her of what she told me earlier.

"At the time, yes. I said we had already skipped lunch. Plus, if you're leaving, then I'm going to get yelled at by Fillip alone because Agnes all but bit off his ear while complaining to him about us. At least be a good enough friend and consider this."