Do you know who I am?

The next day
Peter was already dressed. It's was 12:30 and Peter was meant to meet the woman at 1 so he needed to hurry up. He pulled on his shoes and rushed down the hallway towards the elevator.
"Peter where are you going so fast?" Wanda asked looking away from the Tv.
"I was just heading out to get something to eat. Yesterday I found a great cake shop and want to go eat some of the food there" Peter lied.
"Oh could you bring some back so I can try it" Wanda asked.
"Sure" Peter lied again knowing he was digging even further into his grave.
Peter then left the compound and ran half of the way to the coffee shop as he didn't want to be late.
Out of breath he opened the door and looked around. At first he couldn't see her but then towards the back of the coffee shop in one of the booths he could see her. She looked over at him and gestured for him to come over.
"Your early" she said as he sat down opposite her.
"Yeah I guess I am" Peter made an awkward smile.
A lady came over to the table with a notepad and asked if either of them would want a drink.
"I'll have a coffee. Peter would you like anything?" She asked.
"I'll just have a slice of cake thank you" he said to the lady and she scribbled it down and walked away.

"So Peter do you want me to get straight to the point or lean you in slowly" she asked.
"Get straight to the point I want to know" Peter said.
"Well what do you want to know first?" She asked.
"Tell me about you and my family" he stated.
"First of all I need to tell you something which I lied to you about. I'm not just a part of your family, I'm your mother" she said.
Peter sat dumbfounded when his eyes began to hurt and he remembered something.
He was stood in front of someone tied to a chair and this person walked in and shot the person at point blanc range. She removed her hood to reveal the same woman who was sat before him. "MUM" he heard himself say before the vision disintegrated.
"We were in a room. You shot someone" Peter gasped and tried to keep a quiet voice.
Her face turned to shock.
"You remember that?" She asked.
"You-you shot someone why would you do that" Peter said but stopped when the lady came back and placed the coffee and slice of cake in front on them.
"Anything else?" She asked.
"No thank you" Peter said and the lady left.
Peter looked back in front of him.
"Why did you shoot them and why didn't you tell me you were my mum when we met?" He asked.
Peter started munching down on his cake.
"I'm sorry Peter I was just shocked and it was nice to see you so innocent" she smiled.
"Innocent?" he asked.
"Peter our family are what people call assassins. However we only take jobs in which the people we kill deserve it" she explained a whole speech about her job and Peter and some of the stuff they had done together.
"I-I-I" Peter couldn't get the words out he couldn't understand it.
"I need to go" Peter said and put the last of the cake in his mouth and stood up.
"Peter wait" she said but Peter had already bolted out the door.

Peter ran down the pavement as fast as he could trying to put as much distance between him and the coffee shop. While running he bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry" Peter looked at the man and ran off not caring that he slightly recognised him.

The man watched as Peter ran off then carried on his way and into the coffee shop where he sat down where Peter had before.
"What went wrong" the man was very straight forward.
"He remembered back when I shot that woman in the head. So I created a lie that our family were assassins" the mum said.
"You what. Why the hell would you do that?" the man nearly shouted.
"I was panicking and you said I had to try and not to trigger memories that might cause a blockage to your plan" the mum rolled her eyes and took a sip of her coffee.
"Did you at least do what I asked?" He said.
"Yes the slice of cake given to him contained your stupid little pill which will resurface certain memories" she said annoyed.
"Perfect" he said and signalled for the waitress to come over and ordered a latte.
"So what's meant to happen. He just remembers memories" she asked.
"It will take a few days but he should regain parts of his memory. I have no idea how it will affect him but I don't really care" he said and pulled his phone out of his pocket and answered a call.
"Part one of the plan is complete" he said smirking at the mum across the table who smirked back. The man got his latte and the mum stopped smirking and looked out the window.
"What have I done to you Peter" she thought to herself as she watched the droplets of rain slowly begin to fall from the sky and down the window.