Lies

The woman sat in the car. He made sure that Peter had disappeared before she got her phone out and dialled a number.
"This better be good news" the voice at the other end of the phone said.
"You were correct. He has forgotten everything. Us, his friends, even the avengers" she said.
"So he didn't recognise you?" the voice said.
"No he didn't, but will you now tell me why I couldn't tell him my real identity" she said clearly ticked off.
"He may have lost his memory but if you carelessly go dropping bombs of his past he could remember everything, good and bad. We only want him to remember certain things so we need to be careful" the voice said explaining.
"Except that telling him I'm his mother might actually help with everything" she said.
"No. You will follow my instructions and will do this my way. Last time we did something your way we got the data we needed but lost our best weapon" the voice ordered from the other side of the phone.
"Alright" she sounded bored.
"Now get back here we have much to discuss" the voice said and the call ended.
The mum started the car and drove out the car park and into the flow of New York traffic.

At the avengers tower
Peter had just arrived back at the tower and took his shoes off then headed into the main room. He walked in and ducked. A flying nerf bullet flung above his head and hit the wall behind him.
"Jesus Christ" Peter gasped.
"Amen" Sam said aiming his nerf gun at Bucky and rapid fired all his bullets at Bucky who began chasing him around the room with his own nerf gun.
Peter watched this unfold and headed over to the island table and sat down.
"Want a drink?" Tony asked pouring himself a coffee.
"Sure" Peter smiled and Tony slid him an apple juice box.
Peter raised his eyebrows at Tony and could see a slight smirk before he hid it in his mug.
Peter opened it and took a sip.
"So did you enjoy your trip out?" Tony asked.
"Yeah the buildings were massive and I met this woman who..." Peter stopped as he remembered her last words.
"A woman who what" Tony asked.
".....Needed help so I helped her" Peter said with a bit of uncertainty.
"Okay, that was a nice thing to do" Strange said coming into the kitchen.
"Hey honey I thought you were away doing your space stuff" Tony said kissing Strange on the cheek.
"Space stuff?" Strange Said.
"You know what I mean" Tony answered.
Peter let out a short chuckle but covered it up and left to go to his bedroom.

As he reached his bedroom he closed the door behind him and reached into his pocket pulling out the small piece of paper. He looked at the number written on it and pulled out his phone. He dialled in the number and pressed the call button.
It rang a few times before someone answered.
"Hello Miss Mycroft speaking" the voice said.
"Hello it's Peter" he said.
"Oh Peter, great to hear from you" she said "anything I can do for you".
"Well I was just wondering if we could meet up some other time so you can tell me more about my family and try to help me remember" he suggested.
"I would love to but is Tony helping you with that" she asked.
"No they don't talk about anything before I woke up. They don't want to hurt my feelings" he said.
"Oh I'm sorry. I would love to help you Peter but I don't know if you will be happy to hear what I have to say" she said sympathetically.
"Why did something happen in my past?" he asked.
"How about we meet in person tomorrow and I tell you all about it?" She asked.
"Sure where shall we meet?" Peter answered.
"Meet at the coffee shop we met at around 1pm" she said.
"Okay".
She ended the call and Peter put his phone down. He sat there smiling at the window when Nat walked in.
"Hey Pete. Sam and Bucky just cleaned up all the nerf bullets and we were going to all watch a movie wanna join?" She asked.
"Yeah sure" Peter looked at her.
"What's got you so happy?" She asked.
"Nothing" Peter covered up his bright smile.
"Alright" it looked like Nat didn't believe him but left.

Peter sat there for a few minutes before standing up and leaving the room excited to find out some more about his family. As he walked down the corridor he thought about when the avengers had gone to say something about his past but stopped. He had studied their faces when it happened and the looked at but scared but also worried. It was almost as if they were worried if he remembered who he was something bad would happen. He hadn't asked anyone about it but he was beginning to wonder who he was like before his memory loss and if the avengers wouldn't tell him then he would have to find out from someone else.