Assurances

Hey guys, I know its a surprise to see this updated before Imp On Fire, but as I explained on my twitter account, I've been having a bit of writer's block with that chapter so I'm skipping it for now and decided to work on this chapter of Healing Blitzo. I want to give a special thanks to James Corck for designing the art for a weapon that will be making its debut in this chapter.

You can follow and commission him at https://www.deviantart.com/jamescorck

It's a short chapter, but the next one will be longer. Enjoy!

Being numb was not a strange feeling to Moxxie. He had been in similar emotional states before and after his departure from the I.R.A. He just never expected to be in a condition this deep again. After his brother had left, Moxxie had been an emotional wreck, but Millie assumed this was because he was coming over the fact that his brother was alive. This was half true. It wasn't that he was glad he was alive. No, he was afraid of him being alive. Because now his brother would come and ruin everything Moxxie had tried to build up since his terrorist days.

A family. A life. A chance to redeem himself from the past he all but pushed away. Now it was being threatened, and Moxxie didn't know what to do. He knew the smart thing was to tell everyone the truth and the danger surrounding his brother. But deep down, he was ashamed of doing so. How would Millie and her family react knowing the truth about him? Especially since they were proud to be imps who worked hard for the good of Hell while his family tried to destroy the system they took pride in. There was also no telling what Prince Stolas would do. Would he see him as a threat or refuse to associate with him because there might have been a chance Moxxie, or any of those he associated with, killed someone close to him. The I.R.A. had targeted demonic nobility almost daily in those days. He was practically made to kill Prince Stolas.

And if any of them learned what I did at the school...Moxxie shut his eyes and nearly wept but kept himself silent on his side of the bed to not wake his wife.

Moxxie wondered if this is how Blitzo felt all the time now? The fear and utter disgust of oneself that makes you feel unworthy of all that was before you. Moxxie worked hard and loved those close to him too much to give them all up, but he was too afraid to lose them as well.

Blitzo was his best friend, not just his boss, and proved to be loyal to Moxxie with his actions despite his attitude. At times, Loona might have been a jerk, but she was still a young girl who obviously had some issues. Moxxie might not have been super close to her, but they both cared about their respective circle and were co-workers. Besides, the boss was always going about how the company was a family.

And Millie? Millie was Moxxie's world. She was the one demon in all of Hell that he would give up everything for. He took a lonely, ignored, and outcast imp like Moxxie and gave him a smile every day. She was the one good thing he was willing to sacrifice everything for in his life, including himself. Their love was true, and he would argue that to anyone, demon or angel. Yes, her family hated him and didn't trust him. And honestly, they had good reason to do so due to his past. But he would never do anything to hurt her. Ever.

Yet, this one thing from his past could ruin everything. I should have shot him in the head, Moxxie thought bitterly. I should have shot them all in the head just to be sure.

He missed his parents. Not the ones who made and raised him, but the ones who really did love him. He would give anything to hear his step-father's advice or his step-mother's comforting words. It was a lie at first, a means to an end, but Moxxie loved them as time went on.

But they were gone. Moxxie's first parents saw to that.

Slowly getting out of the covers, Moxxie made his way to the living room with his cellphone in hand. He needed advice on what to do, but more importantly, he needed to let someone Moxxie trusted know about what had just happened. Someone he trusted with his life. Slowly dialing, he waited as the dial toned. Most demons wouldn't be up this late at night, but for this demon? This would be halfway through his busy shift. A few seconds later, a voice answered.