Nightmare of A Broken Imp

Special Thanks to Yaddoriart For The Title Cover

***********************************************************************************************

There was only one thing that mattered more than anything when you were giving a performance as a showman, and that was the crowd's reaction. Your entire career, even your very life, was tied to the laughs, cheers, boos, and gasps of the audience. Blitzo had to master the art of performing at a very young age, but he had the best teachers around: his family.

He turned to his older sister and twin, Tillie and Barbie Wire, who were chatting beside the elephants they would be using for their grand entrance. They wore pure white skin-tight outfits, just like him, only each had their names in red behind their backs along with red stripes to match their red skin. In order to show off his sisters beauty, blue roses were wrapped around their shoulders, and sparkling gems could be seen on their waits and chests. Strangely enough, Blitzo also had his own set of jewels which the other guys made fun of him for being so girly, but a guy could look pretty too if he wanted.

Barbie Wire looked to him and smirked. "Come on, Bro. We go on in five."

Nodding, Blitzo went over to the stepstool and got on Big Humphrey, who shook a bit before the imp calmed him down with some soothing pats. He looked to his sisters on both his left and his right side before smiling at them. Nodding to a nearby stagehand, their tent curtain slowly started rising up for their entrance as the band began to play their theme. Standing up on the big hairy beast, Blitzo closed his eyes and went through his breathing exercises as the ringmaster prepared his speech.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, demons of all kinds, we present to you one of our death-defying and amazing acts of the night! Tillie, Blitzo, and Barbie Wire! The Amazing Imp Siblings!"

"Showtime!" Blitzo shouted as the curtains went wide open, and all three elephants stomped their way into the main tent.

A crowd of at least a few hundred demons cheered and clapped as the three siblings raised their hands and posed while keeping their balance on their rides. The band had to play louder to match the audience's cheers as the elephants quickly ran around the show ring's outer ring before heading for the middle. Three trapeze ropes came down from above, and the three imp siblings bowed to the crowd before grabbing them. Once they had their grip, they twirled in the air as the ropes lifted them up while the crowd gasped in awe. Once they were at the right height, Blitzo and Barbie Wire stopped swimming and used their momentum to swing to one side of the tent for their platform while Tillie went to the other one. Once they were in place, the three waved to the crowd before nodding to each other.

It was time to begin the act.

Even though he had done this hundreds of times with his siblings, it was always important to make sure everyone was ready and so, after the music started to increase in beat, Tillie gave her signal that she was about to begin while Blitzo and his twin gave their own. Tillie started swinging on her rope, extending her legs as far as possible. Barbie made a quick wave to the crowd before swinging down on her own rope before letting go at the end. She flipped in the air and caught her big sister's legs, holding on until she made it to the platform on the other end and posed while Tillie switched her position so that her legs were holding the rope instead of her hands. Blitzo licked his lips as he prepared for his turn. Once the timing was right, he swung down and went all the way into the air before doing a corkscrew and flip before falling. Extending his arms, he waited for Tillie to catch him. Just as always. A few seconds she did so, holding him tight as the crowd began to clap and cheer while Barbie had taken a second rope and swung to the other side with the help of the assistants on the platforms who had sent another rope for her to use to jump onto and grab so she could get across.