VIII

allison and eight got out the car and walked as quick as they could over to the crime scence. eight had noticed something though. vanya's scarf was hanging off the sign outside the restaurant, eight picked it up and sped underneath the yellow police tape, allison following behind her.

"hey. pardon me. i gotta ask you to stay behind the lines. we had an accident here last night," a cop said, rushing over to the two.

"what kind of accident?"

"the line, please," he insisted. the girls nodded and stepped back under the tape.

"what happened?" allison asked.

"we're trying to figure that out. as soon as we do, you'll be able to read it in the newspaper with everybody else," the cop turned away, "so, have a nice day!"

allison took off her sunglasses, "look, officer, if there is any way-"

"holy shit! you're allison hargreeves?  i saw you on tv two nights ago in that sandra bullock movie about underpaid teachers that rob a bank! and you- you're eight hargreeves. you were both in that academy thing!"

"yup. that's us!" allison sighed

"oh! wow. hey. if i'm being honest, my wife and i, we prefer you in the romantic comedies. the love on loan trilogy. we can't get enough!" he exclaimed. seems like someones a super fan. allison looked at eight and smiled.

"copy, cheddar?" a voice through his radio spoke.

"yeah, what do you got, fred?"

"hospital called. perp from last night just regained consciousness," he informed.

"copy. i'll be right over," cheddar then looked back over to the two "allison freakin' hargreeves and eight hargreeves. wow, my wife and kids are not gonna believe it. anyway, i gotta go. work stuff," cheddar said stepping under the line and taking a few steps towards his cop car.

"actually, that's why i'm here," allison lied, "i'm researching a role. a law enforcement role!"

"in jackpine cove? we haven't had a murder here in years?"

"oh, it's about, um... a small-town cop who takes down a drug cartel. in fact, maybe i could tag along while you conduct some official police business?" she questioned, "i promise... we won't get in the way. i just... i think you could really, um... help me develop my character, if i could live a day in the life, you know. and eight, she's my security. yeah, security!"

--

once they arrived at the hospital, eight had decided she didn't want to go in. lucky, cheddar was too shook by being in the presence of her, so he said it was fine. so now she just sat in the back of a cop car, tired as hell. and only a few minutes later, eight was asleep.

--

june 12th.

a controlled environment has proven ideal for the maximum impact of number seven's powers. but in the face of sure, uninvited chaos, she must be trained to locate control in another form.

number eight has not stopped crying. her heart rate has been increasing at night. the others (excluding number four and seven) seem to easily get annoyed at eight. constant arguments about eight and her behaviour with the others. must treat this soon

--

number seven - after twelve days of success, number seven showed an unexpected resistance to her training.

number eight - number three will begin rumouring her siblings in the next few days. arguments have still continued. number five, number one and number six seem to dislike her the most. eight has been held in the containment room in the basement. everyone seemed to get along while she was gone. will continue for a few weeks.