V

diego and luther stood and watched five and eight laid on diego's bed. eight was tucked into five's arms, his arms placed around her waist and his head hidden in eight's neck. "funny. if I didn't know they were such pricks, i'd say they look almost adorable in their sleep!" diego said.

"well, don't worry. they'll sober up eventually. be back to their normal, unpleasant self," luther sighed, dreading to have to face eight after what he said. allison had a go at him and he thought about what he said, he began to feel bad. but he didn't feel too bad, because he thought he was truthful to her, which she needed to hear.

"yeah, i can't wait that long," diego told him, "i need to find out what their connection is with these lunatics before someone else dies."

there was a brief moment of silence in the room, before luther spoke up "all that stuff they were saying before... what do you think they meant by that?" he asked. but diego didn't reply. he walked away to grab one of his knives, then he walked up a few steps to his door.

he swung his door open, the knife held up in the air. "you throw another one of those goddamn knives at me, i'm pressin' charges!"

"what do you want, al?" diego sighed. he didn't have time for this, he need to catch this 'hazel and cha-cha' before something else happened and the academy fell apart.

"i ain't your secretary," al said, stepping into the room, "some lady called for you, said she needs your help," he explained. diego turned back to him, confusion written all over his face.

"what lady?" he asked.

"i dunno," al shrugged, "some detective. i think she said her name was blotch or something," he described.

diego looked down and thought for a moment. "patch," he muttered, "she needs my help," he said towards luther.

"she needs you to meet her at that motel, a dump on calhoun," al added.

"when?"

"about half an hour ago. uh, said she found your brother," al said and then walked away from diego's room. luther and diego looked over to five in confusion. originally it was eight and five who were missing, but they'd been found, so how were they still missing?

"well, that didn't make sense!" luther said the obvious.

"klaus," diego sighed. he grabbed his other knives and ran out of his room, leaving luther with the soon to be hungover eight and five.

--

eight rubbed her eyes slowly. she was facing the wall in a room she didn't seem to recognise, but she could hear two familiar voices. five and... luther.

eight turned around to face them. "whose head..." luther's voice grew quieter as he stared behind five. five then turned around and looked at eight, who yawned.

"eight, look i'm sorry about-" luther began. but eight shook her head, sitting up next to five.

"save it number one. we don't have time for whining about what you said, and don't give me that bullshit. you meant it. but we have bigger problems to sort right now," eight explained. luther nodded and listened to five talking about the eye which him and eight had found.

"it's just another hunk of glass," five shrugged.

suddenly, the door burst open and diego stormed in, "do you have any idea what you two just did?" diego yelled, storming to eight and five. but luther stood up and grabbed him, "get your ape hands off of me!"

"i can do this as long as it takes you to calm," luther said calmly, "now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?"

diego pointed at the two, "our siblings have been pretty busy since they got back! they were in the middle of that shootout at griddy's, and then at gimble brothers!" i'm sorry? gimble brothers, "after the guys in masks attacked the academy, looking for them!"